Lightning Strikes While Lady Is Charging Tesla

HardOCP News

[H] News
What happens when lightning strikes while you are charging your Tesla? Exactly what you'd think...car goes crazy, can't be decoupled from the charging station, runs over people before exploding like a nuclear bomb. Well, some of that stuff happened. :D

From reading the full details it sounds like the indirect strike caused a surge into the car while it was being charged and caused a temporary glitch which sorted itself out. If anything it seems like bad judgement putting herself in that predicament when the common sense thing to do is unplug from grid when there's lightning.

I was really hoping for something like when Thor hit Iron Man with the Lightning. "Suite at 400% power capacity".

What a letdown.. I expected to see a car engaging itself into drive and flying forward damaging other cars/property.

What a let down Steve, none of that happened hah. On a side note, i read she had to wait until the next day to get her car. I would be such salty.

So, if your Tesla (hahaha.. I'll never own one of those.. LOL :'( ) is running out of juice and there's lightning in the sky - call a tow truck instead of charging it? :rolleyes:

The tesla is undoubtedly a huge piece of crap.

definitely not a stormchaser car that is for sure :p

Hollywood science has taught me that the car is now instantly supercharged to 500% and can drive super fast.

If it was a self driving car then it would drive around running people over and explode.

Hmm...didn't get much watching that without sound. Windshield wipers, bit of a flash, windshield wipers keep going.

So we didn't get a Steve Gutenberg flick, with a now-sentient car instead of a laser-toting military combat robot?

No DiSasSeMbLe!

Back