Uber's Self-Driving Car Spotted In Pittsburgh

HardOCP News

[H] News
I'm going to take the high road by not making the obvious "at least you can't be sexually assaulted, beat up or discriminated against by a self-driving car" joke.

It's likely you'll be seeing more on the road in Pittsburgh as the company builds out its local operations. Uber announced in February it would be opening an advanced technologies center in Pittsburgh to focus primarily on the areas of mapping, vehicle safety and driverless vehicle technology.

I have not seen it. Although its been some time since I have been in the part of town where the picture was taken. Looks like the strip district to me.

so they are a taxi service and now developing their own fleet of vehicles... world + dog needs to regulate them as a taxi company and stop giving a free lunch to ride sharing companies

so they are a taxi service and now developing their own fleet of vehicles... world + dog needs to regulate them as a taxi company and stop giving a free lunch to ride sharing companies

No taxies should be regulated.

Fuck regulation, we need LESS government, not more.

I have not seen it. Although its been some time since I have been in the part of town where the picture was taken. Looks like the strip district to me.

It is. It's Smallman St. It was so weird going through my RSS feed and seeing a picture of a place that I instantly recognize on Hard. I saw a few computer engineer jobs here for Uber recently... but I don't know. The whole Uber concept seems to be on shaky ground in most places. :rolleyes:

No taxies should be regulated.

Fuck regulation, we need LESS government, not more.

Perfectly valid opinion but since in most places taxis are regulated, Uber should follow the same regulations as well.

They are not a ride sharing service, they are a taxi service with private cars, plain and simple.

I'm curious how this would possibly work. Do you still tip the driverless car?

I'm all for progression of technology especially on some functionality such as automated driving. It would help if I'm driving to Virginia from New York and I don't have to worry about getting tired.

Back