Nerdy Nostalgia: 8 Classic Games That Need Sequels

Wow. If classic means I have never heard of them, then I guess they are classic.

Yeah, this is just some random opinion, especially considering only 1 game on the list isn't made in Japan, not exactly an even sampling.

The Legend of Dragoon should be HD remastered and a sequel would be very welcome

Chrono Cross sucked.

It's actually a fantastic game that did a horrible job of actually linking to Chrono Trigger. If you look deeper, or treat it as a completely different game set in the same world (or better explained, a different timeline created by your death, where lavos wasn't destined to be defeated), the way the story ties to CT is actually more complicated, well-thought out and exceptionally written than any sequel I've ever played. Almost to the point where the plot of CC would have been partially completed before CT was even fully released.

The game it's self was a bit MEH (mechanics etc), but I didn't play CT/CC for the game-play TBH. The music was incredibly well done too, really captured the brooding, despairing sense of "everyone; humans, mystics and even lavos" are just trying to live theme, we're not enemies, just players locked in mutually assured destruction.

are these just consoles or pc too? if pc is part of it then wizard's crown should be on that list.

problem is, 99.99% of the games you wish had a sequal and got one would be a 100% let down.

These are classics? I thought they were going to mention Lode Runner, Karateka, Bolo, Choplifter, Montezuma's Revenge, etc.

Back