AT&T: Net Neutrality No Longer An Investment Barrier

HardOCP News

[H] News
This guy seems pretty confident that the new net neutrality rules will be changed by the courts or Congress.

Internet providers, including AT&T, have since sued the government. Comcast, CNBC's owner, also opposed the new rules. "We have seen the way the rules came out, ... and as we read those rules we do believe they are subject to modification by the courts" or by Congress, Stephenson said on CNBC's "Squawk Box."

Translation: We just wrote a stack of checks to congress, we'll get what we want, screw the nation's future.

Translation: We just wrote a stack of checks to congress, we'll get what we want, screw the nation's future.

Sounds more like "thanks for the FCC takeover, we can now drag everything through the courts and stifle competition and change for years to come"

"Title 2 was passed by a 3-2 vote. It can be overturned by a 3-2 vote."

He truly believes that he owns Congress and he isn't even shy about it.

Yeah it's kind of scary how he basically is saying "Yeah we got the votes we need to overturn it, plenty of people in my pocket"

I don't think it'll be that easy. There's some pretty big companies on the other side that want neutrality. That's why the FCC went the way they did. We the people have no affect unless we're giving money to a pac that lobbies congress as hard as an AT&T or (on the other side) Google.

Waiting for the Cable Corporation paid stooges to wade in with anti FCC posts in 5...4...3...

Waiting for the Cable Corporation paid stooges to wade in with anti FCC posts in 5...4...3...

I love how the debate against control of the internet has been maneuvered into if oppose letting the government take it all over, you're a for the internet being controlled by the Corporations. It was never a binary choice like it was portrayed.

Well played, it seems.

Meanwhile back in reality, has Netflix stopped paying extortion fees to Comcast? Does Comcast suddenly no longer have a regional monopoly and stopped reaming their customers? Has Titlte 2 been anything but a Trojan Horse of legal opportunities for the ISP's which was likely fully anticipated by the FCC & ISP's?

Meanwhile back in reality, has Netflix stopped paying extortion fees to Comcast? Does Comcast suddenly no longer have a regional monopoly and stopped reaming their customers? Has Titlte 2 been anything but a Trojan Horse of legal opportunities for the ISP's which was likely fully anticipated by the FCC & ISP's?

1: Get the guys in your pocket to pass laws that are far reaching and cry about how it will hurt you

2: After law passes with support and media dies down about it, sue and pay for changes to the laws that will now act in your favor

3: Profit for years to come with your government supported/protected business

4: Claim innocence, and that you are just obeying the law when people complain about your death grip on the market and lack of improvement.

5: Blame other restrictions and laws for tying your hands on being able to offer better service at lower prices and start back at #1.

1: Get the guys in your pocket to pass laws that are far reaching and cry about how it will hurt you

2: After law passes with support and media dies down about it, sue and pay for changes to the laws that will now act in your favor

3: Profit for years to come with your government supported/protected business

4: Claim innocence, and that you are just obeying the law when people complain about your death grip on the market and lack of improvement.

5: Blame other restrictions and laws for tying your hands on being able to offer better service at lower prices and start back at #1.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I love how the debate against control of the internet has been maneuvered into if oppose letting the government take it all over, you're a for the internet being controlled by the Corporations. It was never a binary choice like it was portrayed.

Well played, it seems.

Comcast is pretty much the only internet game in town where I live and when I had it installed in my store the installer started talking about net neutrality. I shit you not he looked right at me and told me that Netflix didnt get throttled by Comcast, but actually just were paying for shitty upload speeds so the problem was all Netflix.

He's talking about billions in 'wireless broadband'.. doesn't that mean Cellphones? isn't that non-title II?
If that's cellphone, they only 'investing' not to lose customers.

Oh yeah, pretty incredible how arrogant these asses are.. I guess it comes from the oligopoly territory they have. Very nice.

Why does he think the courts will save them?
Wasn't it SCOTUS that basically told the FCC to reclassify broadband providers under Title II in the Verizon v. FCC decision if the FCC wanted their Open Internet rules to survive future challenges?

Back