This Tiny Electric Car Can Drive Sideways and Shrink

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
There are electric vehicles and then again, there are electric vehicles. This EV is something else if you are looking for a car that can fit into tight urban parking spaces. The EO Smart Connecting Car 2 can fill that requirement easily due to the fact that it can parallel park with the best of them by turning its wheels 90 degrees and shrinking its body length by two feet. It’s a shame it’s only a prototype and will never see actual production. :cool:

Hiriko would like a word with these guys for stealing their idea
Hiriko_EV_Spain_MIT%20(3).jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiriko

Top speed is 40mph? They already have these - they're called "golf carts."

It can turn the wheels sideways to park in a small space.

So, how do the cars in front and behind this car now get out of their parking spaces when there is only a few inches of clearance? You're likely to come back to your tiny car and find it flipped over on the sidewalk :)

Step one. Put down the French Fries and Big Mac. ;)

I'm 6'6". It's not always a matter of circumference preventing people from being able to fit into these dinky cars.

Plus, 40mph max might be fine for city driving in gridlock through times square, but anywhere else? You're going to be going 5-10mph slower than the speed limit on surface streets in some areas(nevermind that traffic is usually doing at least 5 over already anyway).

Am I the only one that balks at the thought of one of those going through a crash test? Something about all of those movable parts says high-speed Lego explosion to me.

Back