Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition Trailer Released in 1080p 60FPS

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Capcom has rolled out a brand new special edition trailer showing off Devil May Cry 4 in 1080p and 60 FPS. The trailer not only shows enhanced video, but also adds three new characters, new modes and more. Devil May Cry 4 will hit shelves on June 23rd for PS4, Xbox One and PC platforms.

Enjoyed the hell outta the game the first time through. Been years, so I'll definitely give it another go-through with this version. And this time, I have a lot more characters to use in Bloody Palace mode. Liking everything I've seen so far with the gameplay videos featuring the additional playable characters. Ah, if only Mikami and Kamiya were making more DMC games. Too bad Capcom owns the IP. They really should hire Platinum to handle that shiznit now.

Wait...what's the point of this with the DmC reboot already long since on retail shelves?

ppl seriously needs to stop buying these definite edition, HD edition, special edition, buy me again editions..

Wait...what's the point of this with the DmC reboot already long since on retail shelves?

Because DmC isn't a reboot of the series, you apparently aren't a fan of the series nor know what is going on.

Let me explain, DmC, was a Ninja Theory 1 shot on their take of the DMC Universe, and while it wasn't terrible, it wasn't great at all. It never measured up to DMC 1 or for that matter 3 with combat, and the animations were slow and quite sloppy and shorter than 4 was. It was never meant to replace the game series, it was only a side project. Ninja Theory essentially bothered Capcom till they gave them a shot at it.

DMC 5 was confirmed and has already had primitive workings started with the same director as 4. Here was some last related news,

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/34800/20140827/devil-may-cry-5-2015-confirmed.htm

It was from last years Tokyo event.

I pirated Devil May Cry 4 back in the day, and it was/is my favorite hack-and-slash ever. I picked up a copy for $5 during the last Steam summer sale, but I think I'll pick this up as well, with the new characters/fighting styles it has. At $25 (and not $60) on release, I got no issues shelling out full price on Day 1. :D

Because DMC 4 was the best selling one in the series and they are drumming up enthusiasm to get fans back into the main story after the bad DMC game that was DmC.

The numbers of games sold were sitting at 3m for DMC4 vs 1.6m for DmC, Ninja Theory did a terrible job at trying to be edgy and lumping all the critics together regardless of the validity of the claims.

I'm glad DmC was a flop so they don't continue with that story line.

This generation of consoles (and related PC ports) shall forever be known as the "Enhanced Edition" generation. It's really, really getting old.

This generation of consoles (and related PC ports) shall forever be known as the "Enhanced Edition" generation. It's really, really getting old.

Well, some are good, like the ones that come to PC for the first time in their remake. Like Resident Evil Remaster. Now I don't need to own a Gamecube or run emulate one to play that game.

I thought DmC was a great game. I really enjoyed the different take on the original DMC series, which was excellent in its own right.

Because DmC isn't a reboot of the series, you apparently aren't a fan of the series nor know what is going on.

Let me explain, DmC, was a Ninja Theory 1 shot on their take of the DMC Universe, and while it wasn't terrible, it wasn't great at all. It never measured up to DMC 1 or for that matter 3 with combat, and the animations were slow and quite sloppy and shorter than 4 was. It was never meant to replace the game series, it was only a side project. Ninja Theory essentially bothered Capcom till they gave them a shot at it.

DMC 5 was confirmed and has already had primitive workings started with the same director as 4. Here was some last related news,

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/34800/20140827/devil-may-cry-5-2015-confirmed.htm

It was from last years Tokyo event.
If it looks like a reboot, wallks like a reboot, and smells like a reboot, it was probably a reboot. It failed to excite and alienated some fans and your statement sounds like a bad press release to sweep DmC under the rug.

Clearly they aren't THAT embarrassed by BmC as they bothered to release a money-gra...err I mean "definitive" version of it.
This is just Capcom being Capcom. While I love many of their games, they've become infamous for this going all the way back to the 90's and Super Street Fighter. Their philosophy tends to involve getting something out the door and releasing updates (paid ones) down the line.

Back