Town Hides License Plate Readers In Fake Cactuses

HardOCP News

[H] News
I would like to know how many stolen cars have been recovered using this system.

This is one of the first public cases of the cameras being actively concealed, although the Paradise Valley Police insisted that the purpose of the cactuses was not to keep the system secret. "We want to make sure we're answering everybody's questions about data retention," town manager Kevin Burke told Fox 10. "How the things will be used, we want to make sure that is vetted before we turn these things up."

They're also famous for using photo radar every chance they get. Plus red light cameras. When I had to drive across town to work, I avoided PV.

They sell these mirror shark fin things that stop cameras in the day time and reflective spray at night time.

My parents live in PV, now the government will know how many times my dad goes to the grocery store! :eek:

Yea whatever. Look, Sierra Vista got the red light cameras and then, Sierra Vista got rid of the red light cameras. PV just has to step up and do the same if they don't want them, it's on them.

I like how they try to spin that we the public still have a chance to influence the use of these tools "How the things will be used, we want to make sure that is vetted before we turn these things up."

What they fail to say is that they already purchased the equipment, that means no matter what they are going to be used. And like previously stated, it will be used to make money. Yeah PV, milk your residents.

"How they will be used...". Yea, we know how they will be used.

surveillance-cameras.jpg

Ticket for you. Ticket for you! TICKETS FOR EVERYONE!

at first, I was like lol, then I was like fuuuuuuuu

seriously, fck off government with your fund raising. Way too much privacy intrusions everywhere,

Back