Destiny's 'Prison of Elders' Is So Hard, Bungie Couldn't Even Beat It

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
All of you guys who think today’s games are way too easy, Destiny has just the game for you. In a game reveal for The Prison of Elders played by several Bungie employees, game play was halted after a lengthy gaming session with a full round remaining to play. Sound hard enough for you? :D

I'm sure it has been thoroughly play-tested then.

All of you guys who think today’s games are way too easy, Destiny has just the game for you. In a game reveal for The Prison of Elders played by several Bungie employees, game play was halted after a lengthy gaming session with a full round remaining to play. Sound hard enough for you? :D

Yea..they said the same shit about the launch raid...Then a group cleared it the first day...

From what was written in the article it sounds like they tried to Leeeerrroooyyyyy! the whole thing. As we all know that is rarely a solid plan for lengthy or more difficult battles. :p

Yeah, usually the developers of the game are the worst at actually playing it.

From what was written in the article it sounds like they tried to Leeeerrroooyyyyy! the whole thing. As we all know that is rarely a solid plan for lengthy or more difficult battles. :p

That thought crossed my mind, too. Is it just me? I want to lose and be frustrated by the experience. Figuring out the dynamics of the combat scenario and modifying your tactics is what makes "winning" most enjoyable and rewarding. But I'm stupid that way...

I like destiny, but as a veteran mmo raider with years of top tier experience. I have yet to find anything "difficult" in destiny. Take 6 experienced and serious players in and it is all rather trivial. Take 6 pugs in and sure it's gonna seem hard when half your group is 12 and probably getting yelled at by their mother at the same time. There is a good reason why almost everyone I raid with are all 25+.

I think they were too distracted by Bromnigul.

11205835_1577065192570640_1760971721_n.jpg

No, but seriously, I can't wait for the new content. I doubt it's going to be impossible to beat with two other skilled players.

[UPS] Sorce;1041593761 said:

Yes, mix in the thought that they know the game better then the most dedicated players in their community, and often shit goes off

[UPS] Sorce;1041593761 said:

It's just one of the ways to make their customer feel special even when they're not (99.999% of the time).

ffxi absoltue virtue and pandemonium warden. when they where the top of the top.
THAT was diffuclty.

Really wish this game was out on pc.

Prob not gonna happen for a couple reasons;
1 bungee has already made the statement that they don't feel like mouse and keyboard is viable in fps. This is idiotic of course and really just a lame excuse they came up with to hide the fact that with proper controls the game is tard level easy.

2 People like the PvP, I don't know why as it's absolute shit, but they do. The second you intro a superior input method in, all the console kids start getting shit on and the forums fill with even more crying. Thing is it is already happening with certain pieces of hardware making using mouse and keyboard a reality.

Don't get me wrong, I love playing destiny but that doesn't stop me from seeing the very real flaws with it and the company behind it.

Difficult doesn't have to be frustrating though.

There's crappy difficulty where they just ramp up hitpoints and damage for some end boss and you keep doing the same thing over and over and over again and the difficulty is if you are hit you have to try again and that you're more likely to make a mistake because the health is so high. So through trial and error and enough time invested finally you can beat the level... that's stupid.

Then there's good difficulty where you have to stop and think, and maybe sneak around an area and attack from above or lure some guys out or really aim for a tiny weakspot like the eyes or something like that, with a variety of techniques available that are challenging. That's more fun IMO.

I think they were too distracted by Bromnigul.

mypic

No, but seriously, I can't wait for the new content. I doubt it's going to be impossible to beat with two other skilled players.

I made that pic! :p

Seriously though I'm sure any fireteam with their wits about them will beat the level 32 PoE in the first couple of tries, I know I plan on it.

But unless RNG blesses me, I doubt I'll be able to finish the 34(35?) PoE whilst at light level 33. DLC can't drop fast enough.

Nice. Yeah I just searched for one that was similar to the Bromnigul pic I saw on the Bungie forums. I don't think it will be exceedingly difficult, but I am very much looking forward to the new content.

Feel free to add me on PS4, if you like. 3 32s, one of each class, and I've got all exotics except truth. Gamertag is same as my forum name

Back