Amazon Details Drone Delivery Plans

HardOCP News

[H] News
More details have emerged about Amazon's drone delivery plans. According to the article, the info was gleaned from patent applications that were submitted back in September.

Details about how Amazon's proposed delivery drones may work have been published by the US Patent Office. According to the patent, the drones will be able to track the location of the person it is delivering to by pulling data from their smartphone. The unmanned vehicles will also be able to talk to each other about weather and traffic conditions.

Absolutely nothing could ever go wrong here !

I continue to believe this is just some hoax on amazon's part. How in the world... So many questions...

that's some crazy sci-fi Blade Runner type of shiz right there...so I can be walking in the street and the drone can drop the package in my hands?

I thought they were employing thin fishing line to lower the package, that way the drone can stay safely at altitude.

Its also just a matter of time before cooperative functionality between drones can be accomplished too, where if a package is too heavy, then three or six drones again tethered with fishing line to the box could deliver it. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyGJBV1xnJI

So how long before the first drone delivered mail-bomb assassination happens?

Private Dicks in the future will use hacked delivery drones to locate people when they order products delivered from online retailers.

I don't have to use a Stingray to track his phone, I'll just buy the dude a gift set of condoms and follow the drone to the paycheck.

Of course, the drone will always show up with your delivery at the best possible time.

Someday you'll look up and see streams of drones traveling thru the sky. It'll look like a highway in the sky.

Back