42% Of Tinder Users Already Have A Partner

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to this report, if you use Tinder, you are more than likely a young married guy that is probably cheating on your partner.

In fact, the research claims that 30% of Tinder users surveyed are married, while another 12% are in a relationship. Tinder may also be a digital stomping ground for married men, judging by GWI’s claim that 62% of its users are male and 38% female. The research also shows, unsurprisingly, that Tinder’s users are a relatively young crowd, with 38% aged between 16 and 24, and 45% between 25 and 34.

Just based on like stuff I see happening around me, that 42% of people cheating on their spouse is probably just representative of people in general and I think that number gets larger when a relationship is on a just dating basis. People are pretty scummy about how they treat someone else who puts their trust in them being faithful.

I read the title as "42% of Tinder Users Already Have a Printer" :D.

Should we even call it "cheating" though? Cheating to me implies that someone is getting an unfair advantage. Like I cheated on my test, and so aced it because of an unfair advantage.

If so, then women deep down have to admit that they know their husbands would be much happier if they were "free roam" chickens, lol! But they have to wear the ball and chain to play by the rules, like it or not. ;)

Personally, I could give two craps except when kids are involved.

How many of these are agreed non-monogamous arrangements?

It is not cheating if you never promise not to.

Should we even call it "cheating" though? Cheating to me implies that someone is getting an unfair advantage. Like I cheated on my test, and so aced it because of an unfair advantage.

If so, then women deep down have to admit that they know their husbands would be much happier if they were "free roam" chickens, lol! But they have to wear the ball and chain to play by the rules, like it or not. ;)

Lots of words have more than one meaning:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cheating?s=t

After living and watching most of the people I know cheat and being cheated on my self all I'll say is that the majority of people (at least the kind in my area) will push everything they can as far as others will allow them to go, then a little more.

I have this married MILF chic around my area always talking about how her next man will have money and how she doesnt get any from her current husband and how I couldn't handle her in bed.This woman has been married for like 8-10 years now with two kids and will flirt with me in front of my Mothers house. My Mother hates her guts too and I'm sure I know exactly why. The thing is that is typical of women in my area, imo. More than half my friends have cheated or have been cheated on and still stay together with that person.

I honestly don't feel the majority of humans were ever meant to pretend to be monogamous. Animals, man, animals!

Don't get married young right out of college. You don't know that much about yourself in your early 20's. Those marriages never seem to last.

More than half my friends have cheated or have been cheated on and still stay together with that person.
For the same reason that the wives of rich successful athletes put up with being punched in the face now and then.

Its not because of some emotional trauma or low self-esteem or being so in love or anything, its just that when they weight the pros and cons of:
1) Being rich and driving a fancy car and going to nice restaurants but taking a falcon punch on occasion
2) Leaving him and having to work the cheese dispenser at Taco Bell for $7.25 an hour because they have zero skillset other than having a vagina.

#1 just sounds like a better tradeoff, and that's why that one football players wife was so pissed it got in the news her husband knocks her out. Her fear was that the bad publicity would result in ending that meal ticket and forcing her into option #2.

All about the $$$.

That's because Tinder is a hookup app, nothing more. Lots of people cheat and it's a great place to meet people looking to (*#$.

How many of these are agreed non-monogamous arrangements?

It is not cheating if you never promise not to.

It also isn't if you are unhappy, or neglected, or 'it just happened' among other things. This is why studies show that men cheat more, it's just that more women have ways to justify it as not cheating. in reality the numbers are likely very similar.

Wow. Doesn't seem surprising though I guess. Its easier and more accessible than ever to look around while one is in a committed relationship, and I think our culture has almost begun expecting that kind of thing.

For the same reason that the wives of rich successful athletes put up with being punched in the face now and then.

Its not because of some emotional trauma or low self-esteem or being so in love or anything, its just that when they weight the pros and cons of:
1) Being rich and driving a fancy car and going to nice restaurants but taking a falcon punch on occasion
2) Leaving him and having to work the cheese dispenser at Taco Bell for $7.25 an hour because they have zero skillset other than having a vagina.

All about the $$$.

Sad but true

Cheating is usually used to mean breaking the rules to your own personal advantage. I think it fits pretty well in the context of stepping out on a supposedly monogamous relationship. THe partner abiding by the rules loses the benefits of monogamy such as an easier time avoiding the gonasyphaherpalAIDS and the cheater gets to have sex with strangers, which presumably they like.

It also isn't if you are unhappy, or neglected, or 'it just happened' among other things. This is why studies show that men cheat more, it's just that more women have ways to justify it as not cheating. in reality the numbers are likely very similar.

no

If you have made an agreement with your partner not to have sex outside the relationship and you do it anyway you have broken your promise and violated their trust. That is wrong anyway you cut it.

If you have made an agreement with your partner that sex outside the relationship is OK within whatever parameters you agree to and you stay within those there is no promise broken and no trust violated.

Completely different scenarios.

no

If you have made an agreement with your partner not to have sex outside the relationship and you do it anyway you have broken your promise and violated their trust. That is wrong anyway you cut it.

If you have made an agreement with your partner that sex outside the relationship is OK within whatever parameters you agree to and you stay within those there is no promise broken and no trust violated.

Agreed

Wow. Doesn't seem surprising though I guess. Its easier and more accessible than ever to look around while one is in a committed relationship, and I think our culture has almost begun expecting that kind of thing.

And that is the problem. The more accepted this type of behavior becomes, the more it will happen.
More broken families, fatherless kids, angry/hurt spouses, spreading diseases, etc.

All these women that cheat with a married guy, and wait for him to leave his wife for them (which usually doesn't happen). Even if he eventually does, what do they get? A guy who cheats on his wife and the cycle repeats itself.

no

But this is looking at it as if it's a black and white issue, which I admit is usually what it is, but typically is never treated that simple in real life. I have a perfect example, A friend of mines is getting divorced after 15 years of marriage. The way he looks at the situation, she cheated, he tried to work it out but there was no saving the marriage.

The way she looks at it, She can't stand him because she think's he's a pushover, all he does is work. The affair just sort of happened but she's glad it did because now she knows how much her ex wasn't a real man.

It's textbook cheating but she justified it because she wasn't happy and he didn't deserve her. Cheater's gonna cheat but it takes a real piece of shit like her to make it all her ex's fault. And I would say the same thing too if it was the reverse.

I don’t understand why grown ass adults get on the breeder equivalent of Grindr and expect different results. It’s not a dating service, unless you really have trouble finding one-night stands, get the hell off it.

How is an app which simply shows pictures and facilitates instant messaging purely labeled as being for one-night-stands? I don't see it marketed like that..

And that is the problem. The more accepted this type of behavior becomes, the more it will happen.
More broken families, fatherless kids, angry/hurt spouses, spreading diseases, etc.

All these women that cheat with a married guy, and wait for him to leave his wife for them (which usually doesn't happen). Even if he eventually does, what do they get? A guy who cheats on his wife and the cycle repeats itself.

I couldn't agree more. That is the cycle in a macro sense as well, the more broken families etc., the more exposed we are to it as a society, the more 'common' and 'normal' it becomes and on and on..

How is an app which simply shows pictures and facilitates instant messaging purely labeled as being for one-night-stands? I don't see it marketed like that..

It may not be directly marketed that way, but that is apparently how people are using it.

I've never used it, but I think it only shows people generally in your area. And then from there its a "hot or not" kind of thing, which is already picking somebody based on their looks and nothing else (which is totally fine. I'm not judging that, those are just the mechanics as far as I understand them). And then based on an individuals looks and whether or not they also think you are attractive you can instant message them. Seems like it is kind of designed inherently for hooking up. The people I've had as best friends and whatnot in my life, their appearance played pretty much no role in my relationships with them. I cannot say the same for people I've had intimate relationships with.

BTW I'm not saying that I condemn or condone it, people are ultimately going to do what they're going to do. This has just made it much easier for those that want to.

It may not be directly marketed that way, but that is apparently how people are using it.

I've never used it, but I think it only shows people generally in your area. And then from there its a "hot or not" kind of thing, which is already picking somebody based on their looks and nothing else (which is totally fine. I'm not judging that, those are just the mechanics as far as I understand them). And then based on an individuals looks and whether or not they also think you are attractive you can instant message them. Seems like it is kind of designed inherently for hooking up. The people I've had as best friends and whatnot in my life, their appearance played pretty much no role in my relationships with them. I cannot say the same for people I've had intimate relationships with.

BTW I'm not saying that I condemn or condone it, people are ultimately going to do what they're going to do. This has just made it much easier for those that want to.

I haven't used Tinder either (though I've seen it used), but I never assumed it was for purely one-night-stands, because of the bolded part above. When your'e looking for a one-nighter, or a long-term relationship, the same rules apply. You both gotta find eachother attractive. And weather you hit on the lady in-person or swipe a certain way in this app, the same thing happens. You're saying "I think you're attractive." If she turns you down in-person or in-app, it's the same response "I don't feel the same about you." And then you both move on.

My point is as the poster above also touched on... I think the way this app is used is more a signal of where we are at as a society and how casual hooking up has become rather than an app which facilitates this one-and-done kinda mentality.

I haven't used Tinder either (though I've seen it used), but I never assumed it was for purely one-night-stands, because of the bolded part above. When your'e looking for a one-nighter, or a long-term relationship, the same rules apply.[/QOUTE]

I can agree with and appreciate that. Perhaps I put to fine a point on it.

All this says to me is that 42% of tinder users are in shitty relationships, be it married or otherwise.

Never even heard of Tinder until today.

jenniferlawrenceokaythumbup.gif

Yet more confirmation that ALL non-open relationships have nothing to do with love and everything to do with combinations (depending on the relationship) of: money, power, prestige, legal technicalities, tradition. There is no basis to them in nature, logic, or love. Note, I specified only *non-open* relationships. And just because you are not in an open relationship does not mean you have to date others if you do not feel like it. But formally agreeing/declaring that you are monogamous (or polygamist), legally or otherwise, does not have a natural, logical, or loving foundation, and will almost always result in eventual unhappiness for all parties, whether they will admit it or not, Of course, some do not even know what happiness is in the first place.

I would never be interested in a partner that would ever consent to be the exclusive property of another, even if it was me.

Damn phone thinks it can spell better than I can........

"I've"

I think "I'very" works pretty well in this context...and yes...you do!

Back