The Pirate Bay’s Domain Name May Be Seized Next Week

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Just when The Pirate Bay thought it was safe to go back in the water……a court in Sweden will decide next week on whether or not to take away the torrent site’s Top Level Domain name.

As if that will change anything... They've already prepared for such a scenario.

As if that will change anything... They've already prepared for such a scenario.

KickassTorrents is currently going through the same situation. They just find another country that is friendly and post up.

It's literally the tech equivalent of whack a mole. But the expression that the pirates find a new port (new country top level) of harbor seems fitting.

It doesn't look like the ruling is going their way. I will miss it, there are a lot of legitimate torrents on it.

It's a losing battle. They'll just keep throwing resources at it, but it won't make them go away.

I don't know how, but I'd start embracing it. Release a couple episodes in HD on torrent sites. You want the rest? There's an ad after each video showing how you can buy the others legitimately.

It's a losing battle. They'll just keep throwing resources at it, but it won't make them go away.

I don't know how, but I'd start embracing it. Release a couple episodes in HD on torrent sites. You want the rest? There's an ad after each video showing how you can buy the others legitimately.
.....followed by a link in the comments to a torrent containing the rest of the episodes.

.....followed by a link in the comments to a torrent containing the rest of the episodes.

Probably. That was just an example... I don't know how, but that's one way.

Otherwise, it's just going to keep happening.... They aren't going to stop pirates.

Does anyone even care what the domain name is?
Seriously, this is quite possibly the most useless response to Piracy I've ever heard of.

When PB went down I moved over to extra and kinda like it's format.
PB does not appear to have their full database up, searches are thin of content.

But that's it. People can't buy these shows in most regions. Geo blocking, exclusive rights, regions. This industry is clearly fighting for peace.

Back