Sony Forecasts Smaller Than Expected Loss

HardOCP News

[H] News
After previously forecasting a loss of $1.4 billion for fiscal 2015, Sony has now revised its estimates down to a $1.05 billion loss.

Sony has forecast (PDF) a net loss of 126 billion yen ($1.05 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, an improvement over the company's earlier forecast in February, when it said it would likely post a loss of 170 billion yen ($1.4 billion). Sony said on Wednesday that its improvement is due to a stronger-than-expected revenue jump across its gaming, record label and digital camera sensors businesses.

Kaz Hirai is ready to make some big moves at Sony that could raise profits exponentially. He is considering dropping their biggest money loser which is wireless handsets.

I actually make a concerted effort to avoid anything that this company touches.

sony makes good phones. never understood why they sold so poorly. they are better than most out there.

Sony is thanking there lucky stars the PS4 is doing so well. Who knew Don Matrick would save Sony.

I actually make a concerted effort to avoid anything that this company touches.

Me too. I recently just bought some headphones though, only because they are actually pretty decent for the price.

Back