Borderlands Head Leaves Gearbox

HardOCP News

[H] News
What's up with all the people behind Borderlands quitting or getting fired lately? It just seems odd, especially considering 2K Australia was closed down last week as well.

"Pre-Sequel, Claptastic Voyage, and Handsome collection all shipped. In a rare moment, I was temporarily non-vital. I could leave without damaging Borderland or Gearbox too much if I did it at this moment, so now was the time. I think Gearbox will do great in the future, and I think Borderlands will stay strong and awesome. I've been thinking about it for a while. I'm not quitting out of anger or getting fired. It's just time for new adventures. I'm an inventor. I'm ready to make something new. Not just new to me, but new to everyone."

This doesn't sound that odd. It just sounds like he wants to do something else, and it is a good time for him to do that. The 2K Australia closure was though.

Only so much milk that can be pulled from a cow. Cell Animation is anathema to better screen resolution and dynamic range people are looking to exploit now and especially in the next few years.

This doesn't sound that odd. It just sounds like he wants to do something else, and it is a good time for him to do that. The 2K Australia closure was though.

Exactly. He knew that Gearbox did not have anything Borderlands related lined up at the moment, the company was in good hands, and he could move on without breaking any future commitments to expand upon new projects.

All in all a classy move on this guy whereas most people would be all:

25707680-I'm-out-fore-here-.gif

Exactly. He knew that Gearbox did not have anything Borderlands related lined up at the moment, the company was in good hands, and he could move on without breaking any future commitments to expand upon new projects.

All in all a classy move on this guy whereas most people would be all:

25707680-I'm-out-fore-here-.gif
I love this gif, but the best part is the guy in the pink Muppet costume just watching this all go down.

Translation: An internal power struggle went down, and someone is cleaning house.

Back