Linux 4.0 Released

HardOCP News

[H] News
All you alternative OS types out there will be happy to know Linux 4.0 has been released.

So I decided to release 4.0 as per the normal schedule, because therereally weren't any known issues, and while I'll be traveling duringthe end of the upcoming week due to a college visit, I'm hoping thatwon't affect the merge window very much. We'll see.

ooooooooh

4.1 should be the BIG release, but they are on 4.0 rc7 right now.

4.0 is where live kernel patching comes in. No more selling your soul to Oracle for ksplice and the rest. Mainline live patching of the kernel without a reboot is something we've been wanting for YEARS.

I wonder how soon we will see this rolled into RHEL/CentOS

I updated the kernel on a few development boxes. As usual I will wait till the 3rd update in this case 4.0.3 before I install it on any production server.

Awesome, another full version release for Redhat to ignore.

4.0 is where live kernel patching comes in. No more selling your soul to Oracle for ksplice and the rest. Mainline live patching of the kernel without a reboot is something we've been wanting for YEARS.

I wonder how soon we will see this rolled into RHEL/CentOS

Oh nice, so likely 4.0 will be available by the time Ubuntu 16.04 rolls around, too.

I had an ARM server running for 860 days but had to take it down to upgrade the kernel. Too bad this still won't help as the kernel version is device specific. ;/

There isstill that annoying glitch where it removesthe space in randomwords.
;)

dunno what language you speak, but there shouldn't be any spaces in any words to begin with.....now spaces in sentences? that's another story..... :D

Back