Grand Theft Auto V 4K System Requirements

HardOCP News

[H] News
Blue's News has posted the system requirements for GTA V at 4K. The verdict? If you want 60fps at 4K you are going to need a "high end SLI or Crossfire setup."

"To run the game on a 4K display at 30fps," says Hoare, "you’ll need at minimum an AMD HD 7870 or Nvidia GTX 760 with 2GB of VRAM." As for the 4K at 60 frames-per-second, that'll require a "high-end SLI or Crossfire setup."

I expected as much. I can only run a handful of games at 60fps in 4K using a single 980. They're usually older games or stuff like Street Fighter 4 and Dark Souls.
I am a bit curious if that means "maxed out" at 4K or if we're just talking medium settings.

I expected as much. I can only run a handful of games at 60fps in 4K using a single 980. They're usually older games or stuff like Street Fighter 4 and Dark Souls.
I am a bit curious if that means "maxed out" at 4K or if we're just talking medium settings.

What screen are you using? Is there a lot of input lag/ghosting?

Kind of off-topic but are there going to be any reviews before release date?

290x2 FTW, uhhhnnnn! But I'm actually only going to be running 3K, with a 3440 x 1440 display. :cool:

So dual overclocked 7970s should handle 4k at 60fps just fine since a single 7870 will handle 4k at 30fps.

Not that it matters as I am not going to be buying it at release, nor am I going to be running 4k.

It would have been nice for them to specify exactly what they consider a "high end CF or SLI system" is.

Reviews for the game?! It's been out for some time now.

I'm hoping that based on the specs, my single 290x could handle 4k between 40-50 frames..

I've been having a lot of trouble running games at 4k with 2 290s, if this is true at high quality settings that would be amazing, but they probably mean 60fps with sli or crossfire at minimum settings

I'm sure I will be ok running at 2560 x 1600 with a 780ti, but I am going to wait till after it comes out to read reviews on the port. GTA IV was horrible when it came out on PC.

It actually sounds like the game won't be terribly demanding. I'm hoping I can have most settings turned up pretty high and get decent FPS on my 3440 x 1440 monitor.

I'm sure I will be ok running at 2560 x 1600 with a 780ti, but I am going to wait till after it comes out to read reviews on the port. GTA IV was horrible when it came out on PC.

Same here, im hoping SLI scales well at launch but im not holding my breath after the GTA 4 debacle.

Read this yesterday, looks like average joe's like me will be happy with the FPS at 1080p. :D

Very true, but since I believe this is running on an engine similar to Max Payne 3 I feel performance issues should be at a minimum at launch here.

My 2x GTX680 SLI has been good to me so far in pushing ~120fps at 1080P in most of the games I play. I'm currently running a Samsung 120hz 1080P monitor.

The biggest issue with GTA V seems like it will be this artificial 60fps cap people keep talking about.

Reviews for the game?! It's been out for some time now.

Thinking more along the lines of PC reviews with hardware results and whatnot....

I have been finishing up GTA IV on PC @ 4k and been averaging 55-60 FPS with a very rare dip into the 40's @ 4k with 970 sli.

I am ready for GTA5, but I will be purchasing it at Xmas when it goes on sale as I already have the PS4 version.

All my 4k games at max settings run buttery smooth, gsync has alot to do with it, with only one 980 and an old ass 2500k thats not even overclocked.

I'm expecting this game to be just the same.

Don't fall into the trap man, don't buy the game on release date, wait for other lemmings to do so and read reviews after the fact. I mean you've waited a year and a half to get this game on the PC, what's another week or two?

What screen are you using? Is there a lot of input lag/ghosting?

I'm on a Sony XBR65850B television. Lag is minimal for a TV. Ghosting is moderate. More than my last TV (a 1080p set) but in the middle of the pack for other 4K TV's.

Don't fall into the trap man, don't buy the game on release date, wait for other lemmings to do so and read reviews after the fact. I mean you've waited a year and a half to get this game on the PC, what's another week or two?

LOL I work doubles on Tuesday anyways. But yeah I'm done after the AC: Unity craptastic release.

Yep. I'm kinda regretting the 144hz monitor I got. My 770 can't push anything that fast on settings I want.

Why regret it? Even when not gaming I appreciate the smoother visual appearance when Im dicking about on the desktop. Plus I like the ability to do something in 3d should the notion strike me. I know Im below the ideal res at 1080p for truly "high end" gaming but 27 inches is a good screen size, one 980 _CRUSHES_ 1920x1080, supersampling negates the lower res somewhat, and 144hz makes it available to both super high fps and to 3d vision whenever I want it.

Enjoy that 144hz man - its glorious.

Yep. I'm kinda regretting the 144hz monitor I got. My 770 can't push anything that fast on settings I want.

That 256-bit glorified 680 was no good for 2560 three years ago! It's the reason I returned to 1920 until last week.

They said a 760 can do 30 fps @ 4k? Doesn't sound so brutal.

just doesnt sound quite right. 4k @ 30fps = 760 2GB, yet 4k @ 60fps = sli beast?

maybe the settings arent fully maxed.

id love to hit 1800p w/ aggressive SMAA @ ~45fps on my OC'ed 770 4GB, but we'll see.

even 4k @ 30fps on a 760 2GB card seems unbelievable. 1440p? maaaaybe (with low/medium settings), but 2160p? ehhh these numbers aint right.

So dual overclocked 7970s should handle 4k at 60fps just fine since a single 7870 will handle 4k at 30fps.

Not that it matters as I am not going to be buying it at release, nor am I going to be running 4k.

It would have been nice for them to specify exactly what they consider a "high end CF or SLI system" is.

No way in hell a 7870 will manage that. A 7970 maaaaybe but only on lowered settings.

I would say at least 290 crossfire if you want any kind of eye candy at 60 fps.

All my 4k games at max settings run buttery smooth, gsync has alot to do with it, with only one 980 and an old ass 2500k thats not even overclocked.

I'm expecting this game to be just the same.

I'm really starting to think gsync and free sync are the best bang for your buck in the coming years since locked framerates seems like something that needs to finally go away.

4K is nice but....did they fix the "Gee that shadow-draw-in is happening about 3 feet in front of me" problem? Did they fix the "people don't cast shadows" problem? Did they fix things that matter? 4K is great and all, you can see clearly how the shadows pop in 2 yards in front of you? :)

Blue's News has posted the system requirements for GTA V at 4K. The verdict? If you want 60fps at 4K you are going to need a "high end SLI or Crossfire setup."

I am SHOCKED!!!!
SHOCKED I tell you!!!! /sarcasm

Of course a new game will need a high end dual video card system to run 4k at decent graphical settings.
Heck, even 1-2 year old games need the same if running at 4k.

Also, back at the extremely journalistic investigative website (aka. Blue's News) they posted some hot new... ground braking news.................
Hitting your hand with a hammer hurts. :eek: !
Details will follow after their pop-up adds drive you insane

I will be absolutely thrilled if my 980 SLi setup can play this game at 1600p maxed.

Something tells me that when he says a 2 GB card can play it at 4k and get 30 FPS, he's not talking about max resolution textures.

I'm really starting to think gsync and free sync are the best bang for your buck in the coming years since locked framerates seems like something that needs to finally go away.

Locked frame rates are not really what gsync and freesync are about.

With triple-buffering with vsync turned on, or with vsync turned off, you already don't have locked frame rates, but you can get bad things like input lag or screen tearing.

Gsync and freesync are about getting rid of the negatives of those things by having the monitor auto adjust the refresh rate to the frame rate.

I am very skeptical of the 30 fps @ 4k with a single 960.

I have tried 4K on many games with 2x 970s (laugh all you want :D) @1500 MHz and my norm seems to be 25-30 fps on high/very high settings. In Star Citizen free flight I think I can get up to 40 fps. I think the best optimized game in the past year I've played was Alien Isolation, man that thing would run over 100 fps all day maxed out across 3 monitors in Surround mode even in fast combat parts.

Back