Zynga CEO Mattrick Leaves Abruptly

HardOCP News

[H] News
This guy sure has a habit of "leaving abrubtly."

Zynga CEO Don Mattrick has abruptly left the company, to be replaced by his predecessor, company founder Mark Pincus, the company announced Wednesday. The company said in a statement ahead of its planned first-quarter conference call in May that Mattrick, who joined after leading the Xbox video game group at Microsoft, is leaving Zynga and its board of directors after less than two years at the helm.

Don't blame him. I doubt their business model will allow them to be successful long term, so hes getting out while the getting is good. He helped make them billions...leave while on top so you can get the next job.

The uncomfortably reasonable conspiracy theory take on this is that MS decided to pull their plant CEO > ruin company > buy it Nokia-like plan after seeing Zynga would have no future either way.

lmao
5 years ago.. I would buy some mafia war credits... I imagine other fools like me did too. stopped playing that shizzle like a month later. havent touched a zynga game since. derp. they have no business model..

He either:
- Knows a sinking ship and doesn't want to be involved.
- Took another offer.
- Forced out (blackmail?)

People generally leave because it's a sinking ship and wants to bail while he can. If he had left for another offer, we'd probably hear about it. I doubt he was forced out because he made them a ton of money.

Two Golden Parachutes in 2 years. Party On Garth!

I knew that going from his failed xBone reveal @ Microsoft to Zynga was a downhill move for "Mattress," as I call him. His funniest line when trying to defend the original xBone policy of "always on" was, "If you don't have an Internet connection you can always buy a 360, right? In fact, that's what you should do." Man...talk about being out of touch...most of the people running key pieces of Microsoft during the Win8.x release period were grossly out of touch with the company's customers--but they're are all gone now, and it seems the company has returned to sanity...thankfully.

Back