AMD Dives Deep On Asynchronous Shading

HardOCP News

[H] News
AMD has announced a new feature called Asynchronous Shaders and the crew at Anandtech have the complete rundown.

Earlier this month at GDC, AMD introduced their VR technology toolkit, LiquidVR. LiquidVR offers game developers a collection of useful tools and technologies for adding high performance VR to games, including features to make better utilization of multiple GPUs, features to reduce display chain latency, and finally features to reduce rendering latency. Key among the latter features set is support for asynchronous shaders, which is the ability to execute certain shader operations concurrently with other rendering operations, rather than in a traditional serial fashion.

Thief uses it?

That's interesting, very interesting actually.

This could then probably be a BIG reason for the HUGE difference I have between the DX & Mantle versions, especially in Crossfire. I mean my minimum FPS almost *triple* and the responsiveness is amazing under Mantle. Impressive considering they used the old UE3 engine, albeit heavily modified.

Great read, thanks.

Well basing myself on Thief performance alone I'll be first in line for the next game using Asynchronous Shaders, the performance improvements are nothing short of amazing!

yea, i got a whopping 20fps increase from DX to mantle with an i7 Devils canyon and an R9-290 on theif.

And it was hella smoother to boot.

Nvidia will some up with a feature called A-hasol-synch, and require a Gen 2.0 version of G-Synch Monitor as well.
it will be proprietary of course and require you to bend over and call your proctologist for fitment of a device capable of letting your sphincter stretch enough for insertion of the module Nvidia will insert at time of purchase to require A-hasol-synch to work correctly.

No No! Removal is free, but they will seed you prior to removal with the Malware "$em&n"

Nvidia will some up with a feature called A-hasol-synch, and require a Gen 2.0 version of G-Synch Monitor as well.
it will be proprietary of course and require you to bend over and call your proctologist for fitment of a device capable of letting your sphincter stretch enough for insertion of the module Nvidia will insert at time of purchase to require A-hasol-synch to work correctly.

And people will buy it up. Primetime1 anyone?

LoL this thread :D

...Right off the rails...

Seriously though, this is quite a big development in games graphics.

lol:D yea don't get us confused....I can see pros in both camps the other guy is anti amd pro nvidia 100 % nonsense....but funny to read non the less

Back