Download the ISO image of Windows 10 Build 10041

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you have not joined the Windows Insider Program, didn’t care to go through the download and install process or were waiting on a clean install option, now you can get the ISO image of Build 10041 directly from Microsoft.

If you need to perform a brand new install -- either on a spare PC, or to run in a virtualized environment -- then grabbing the ISO image file is the easiest, not to mention quickest option.

I have been using build 10041 as my primary machine at work with Office 2010. Runs really nice so far...a little rough around the edges, but no system crashes or funky errors.

Thank for the link, Domo. Downloading now and will run it on my test machine tonight. This will be my first time playing with windows 10.. Finally!

Does Win10 auto detect mobo and all other drivers?

Yes. But, it also installs other drivers over the top of your other ones. So, AMD drivers are replaced by shitty, non WDDM Windows drivers with some gibberish for the adapter name. You can install AMD drivers, but they are again replaced on reboot.

I'm running 9926 on my Intel game box but it won't upgrade to 10,041 for some odd reason either through Windows update or the ISO I downloaded. On a whim I installed it on my AMD box and it had no problem. It's a 6 core 1055T Phenom II with a GTX 760 Folding@Home running fine so far. My other two boxes are still on Windows 7 Pro. Can't wait for Win10 to be released as DX12 looks to be revolutionary. :eek:

I also have to add that I didn't need any of my mobo's drivers as they were all installed with Win 10 and it is crazy fast during boot up. Windows 7 has been eclipsed by 8.1 and 10. Get over it! lol

Very tempting, but I'll wait for the official release. My system is running great on 8.1 x64 Enterprise. No need to take any unnecessary chances.

The new Start Menu is the same as the windows 8 menu and 8.1 all they did was shrink it to a smaller platform. When you add apps now it goes to the tablet menu making it look old and nothing new. Basicly makes it a live tile.

Still needs a lot of work I sent back over 200 feedbacks allready. Still no configurations for WIndows update which makes Sys Admins worry. Still no options for a local account. Which sucks for ppl that dont use a pc on the internet.

Very tempting, but I'll wait for the official release. My system is running great on 8.1 x64 Enterprise. No need to take any unnecessary chances.

Well, you should never install a beta OS as your main OS any way as come RTM you will need to format and reinstall everything. So it should be ran alongside of not in place of your other OS to start with. That is where so many people screw up, install the beta OS then bitch about issues it might have, not understanding this is a preview / beta that you are running to report issues back to Microsoft not to get a free OS.

The new Start Menu is the same as the windows 8 menu and 8.1 all they did was shrink it to a smaller platform. When you add apps now it goes to the tablet menu making it look old and nothing new. Basicly makes it a live tile.

Still needs a lot of work I sent back over 200 feedbacks allready. Still no configurations for WIndows update which makes Sys Admins worry. Still no options for a local account. Which sucks for ppl that dont use a pc on the internet.

you can make local accounts just the same as you did with Windows 8/8.1

can you upgrade current win7 install?
How stable is it? was thinking of upgrading my gaming partition.

you can make local accounts just the same as you did with Windows 8/8.1

Except if you try to use their Modern UI Apps (Windows Store shits on you without a MS account) which if they actually were successful would be a bigger sticking point.

Back