Project Spartan Isn't Here Yet: Test it Out in Build 10041

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Microsoft may seem to be dragging its corporate feet on rolling out Windows 10 Preview, but progress is still being made out of sight through the back channels. The next version of Windows 10 is Build 10042, generally expected to be out next month and will contain Project Spartan for consumer testing.

The IE team has mentioned that Insiders will get to test Spartan in the next preview release, which Microsoft said could be less than a month away, if all goes well.

It is so stupid that a Browser that doesn't come with Windows 10 is what they keep pushing inside the Win 10 Tech Preview, IE. I have not opened IE even once, I had a copy of Chrome and Firefox on my data drive before I even installed 10. WTF wants to use IE anymore.

I happen to support and like Microsoft. I am very excited about what will be coming out and it's about time they are building a viable browser to compete with the likes of Firefox and Chrome...It may be too late, but it can only mean good things to come for us in the end as i'm sure the other browsers are watching closely.

It is so stupid that a Browser that doesn't come with Windows 10 is what they keep pushing inside the Win 10 Tech Preview, IE. I have not opened IE even once, I had a copy of Chrome and Firefox on my data drive before I even installed 10. WTF wants to use IE anymore.

I use IE. It has been fine for years.

I want to like IE but it has a few major issues that make it unusable like suddenly displaying a blank white page and the only way to recover is to close/reopen browser or intermittent freezing even with default add-ons disabled. Fortunately, there are 100% working alternatives like Chrome.

I want to like IE but it has a few major issues that make it unusable like suddenly displaying a blank white page and the only way to recover is to close/reopen browser or intermittent freezing even with default add-ons disabled. Fortunately, there are 100% working alternatives like Chrome.

I am on a PC either at work on at home for about 18 hours a day, During the time I am going to have a browser open for something. And I have never experienced that.

I do notice a few pages (and I do mean few now with current versions of IE) that have issues or don't like IE. But that is so little that I use IE 99.9% of the time.

Between IE and Firefox I have less page loading issues and less stability issues with IE than I do firefox. I also have had issues with Chrome what little I have used it.

Only thing I have noticed recently, which I don't blame on Microsoft, is that every now and then flash seems to crash and I have to reload a page to play a video. But that is just Adobe making a crap product not the browser. I have had flash issues in Firefox many times over the years as well.

Flash crashing is usually caused by system instability or video driver issue. It rarely happens for me except for one time with a dual-socket Xeon system where pulling 2nd CPU restored stability. Haven't determined if it's motherboard power circuitry or failing CPU but it was stock clock with beefy Supermicro tower cooler. As far as correctness and stability from my experience Chrome > Firefox > IE but I'm open to trying Spartan.

Back