Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Release Date Set

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Metal Gear Solid series is coming to a close this year, with the release of Solid 5:The Phantom Pain, to wrap the series up in a neat bow. Metal Gear Solid 5 is scheduled for release September 1st for Xbox 360/One and PS3/4.

Once again PC owners treated as second class citizens.

Yeah, I'm fucking done buying Konami products.

If that were the case, the PC version wouldn't have extra graphical bells and whistles in comparison to their console counterparts. IMO, 2 weeks isn't a terrible wait compared to some other, less PC friendly blatant-cash-in-minimum-effort ports we have seen in the past

Are you serious? It's only two weeks. Did you play Ground Zeros? One of the best running PC Ports that actually looks good that I have played in recent years. Flawless port. If Phantom Pain runs as well I don't understand how you could even think it's "second class citizens".

Are you serious? It's only two weeks. Did you play Ground Zeros? One of the best running PC Ports that actually looks good that I have played in recent years. Flawless port. If Phantom Pain runs as well I don't understand how you could even think it's "second class citizens".

I don't care, when PC users get treated as second class citizens I will not buy your product. Ever.

I agree, not only that but it features graphical enhancements not featured in the console versions. Currently playing this game now and it's unbeleivable how optimized it is.

Why the fuck release 2 weeks later on PC in the first place, though? Surely they have enough time until September that all versions of the game should be ready by then...really makes no sense.

I agree, not only that but it features graphical enhancements not featured in the console versions. Currently playing this game now and it's unbeleivable how optimized it is.

Shhh let the man child enjoy his hyperbolic reaction.

Thought I read somewhere that the PC version is getting all DLC complementary as a result of the two week delay.

Honestly, don't think it's that bad. I'm not in a hurry to play it anyway. I'll probably be playing Witcher still.

The heck? Metal Gear series is not "coming to a close", despite OP's notions. No idea where he's getting that from, but they're even making a Metal Gear Rising 2.

This isn't even the last Metal Gear chronologically. That would've been 4 / Rising, depending on whether you see Rising as canon (hint: it is).

They're making Rising 2? That's cool. I just wish they make t so the damn camera doesn't auto center like it did in the first, that hurt and killed me so many times.

Canttttttt freakin wait. Yes, I am one of the people who watched every minute of the achingly long cut scenes in MGS4. Can't wait to play this. I had Ground Zero's on PS4 before I had any decent PC to play on so I am curious to see how it runs on my PC. Definitely would like to get it on PC if I can play it on high settings. If not, then its going to be PS4.

I missed out on all the Metal Gear games somehow. Maybe because I was into nothing but shooters during that time. Mass Effect changed all that for me so I'll be checking this out. I really need to try some of the older games too. Keep promising myself I will but never get around to it.

Back