Phil Harrison To Leave Microsoft

HardOCP News

[H] News
Rumor has it that Phil Harrison is leaving Microsoft. The company isn't commenting just yet, so maybe they are holding out until next week to make the announcement on Harrison's third anniversary with Microsoft. :)

"I don't, no. I'm sorry, I don't think I can say anything about that," Xbox boss Phil Spencer told Eurogamer when asked today at GDC. Chris Charla, director of ID@Xbox also refused to comment - with a Microsoft spokesperson stepping in to say Charla wasn't the person to ask about staffing issues, and that the company does not comment on rumour or speculation.

Whole original Xbox One team is out now. As I learned from an insider who also left top management there, the Xbone will be MS's last console so they are probably just coasting now trying to recoup what they can and sell what they can. All the promised services and unique content like TV shows, all dead.

Thank god (traditional) consoles are finally dying.

After all that time jacking PC dev companies to make stuff for an inferior gaming platform, MS might be getting out of the console business... someday?

That makes me sad, except not. I guess I'll have to see how this plays out first.

This guy used to BS about PS3 for Sony in 2006, and BS'd for Microsoft and the DRMbone in 2013.
Ain't nothing but a 'yes man' who constantly puts his foot in his mouth. It'd be funny to see him back at Sony, as some people think hes a spy or something...

I think with Windows 10 any pc will be a console. Idk they make so much money from xbox dont they?

Device consolidation is a good thing. Eventually all you need is one device, a phone running full Windows, that transforms into a PC when docked.

Device consolidation is a good thing. Eventually all you need is one device, a phone running full Windows, that transforms into a PC when docked.

That's all a lot of people would need. Dock it, you have a full monitor, keyboard, mouse. Runs full Windows, access to the Internet, email, Word, some games... It could work.

I like the way Windows does it now. OneDrive. Synced across all my devices - Phone, laptop, desktop, tablet. Take a picture with my phone, open it on PC seconds later.

A true gaming machine would need something much more powerful, though (although, some iPad games use the Unreal Engine and look pretty good for such a small device).

I think Xbox is here for a bit longer. At the most, it will become more integrated as a PC. You can do more with it, and it could conceivably replace your PC (for some users, anyway - not me!).

No, you'd be fucked if someone stole your device.

No, you'd be fucked if someone stole your device.

Have it remotely wiped, or encrypted or whatever. Buy a new device, everything syncs to the same way your old device was.

I wouldn't go for that, but some would. Until a data breach.

Back