Advancements In Gaming Unveiled By Intel At GDC

HardOCP News

[H] News
At the Game Developers Conference (GDC), Intel announced new programs, tools, utilities and games available for Intel users and developers taking advantage of Intel’s latest CPU and graphics platform capabilities. Intel demonstrated the first desktop 5th gen Intel® Core™ processor with Intel® Iris™ Pro graphics, coming this summer. Applications from key ISVs such as Codemasters*, Ubisoft*, and Funcom* as well as Microsoft* DirectX 12 applications running smoothly on Intel graphics were demonstrated and a new developer program “Achievement Unlocked” was announced. The company also announced a leading gaming software utility from Raptr* available for the first time on Intel graphics that automatically adjusts a PCs’ game settings for optimal gameplay.

Read the blog. Sounds like all this is to primarily benefit the mobile gaming segment. Makes sense, since Intel is pushing there SoC philosophy. I just feel that these kinds of initiatives will continue to shovel mobile games onto the PC market.

5th Generation? They're talking about Broadwell, which is the Haswell die shrink, aren't they? I may have the generations confused here... but isn't it the "Tock" that represents the generation? Or is it the manufacturing process ("Tick")?
  1. Core
  2. Nehalem
  3. Sandy Bridge
  4. Haswell
  5. Skylake?

As a follow-up the press release we posted this morning, I wanted to give you guys a direct link to this blog post about the announcements made by Intel at Game Developers Conference. In addition to giving its first 5th gen Intel Core processor with Iris Pro graphics demonstration, the company announced new programs, utilities, tools, and games for Intel owners and developers

Intel is committed to gaming. Whether it’s the hardware that games are played and developed on, the tools that enable developers or the gamers themselves, Intel is driven to deliver the best gaming experience. This week at the Game Developers Conference (GDC), we announced new programs, tools, utilities and games that will take advantage of the latest Intel technologies.

Intel recently introduced our 5th Generation Intel® Core™ processors resulting in a wave of products built on Intel’s industry-leading 14nm process technology. In a new disclosure at GDC, Intel showed the first 5th Generation Core LGA-socketed CPU with Intel® Iris™ Pro graphics. This 65 watt unlocked desktop processor, available mid-2015, will bring new levels of performance and power efficiency to Mini PCs and desktop All-In-Ones. Since 2006 the 3D performance of Intel Graphics has increased nearly 100 fold (Intel 3DMark06 measurements) and powerful form factors from Acer, Medion and Intel’s own NUCs are becoming available with 5th Generation Intel Core processors with Intel Iris Graphics.

1. Core
  2. Nehalem
  3. Sandy Bridge
  4. Haswell
  5. Skylake?

I belive it's
  1. Nehalem
  2. Sandy Bridge
  3. Ivy Bridge
  4. Haswell
  5. Broadwell
  6. Skylake

The 5th gen they're talking about is the socketed Broadwell part family, which they announced this morning will be available in mind-2015. They'll feature 65W TDP and K series unlocked CPUs.

So he clicked a button and washed out the graphics? Pro skills in the house.

Iris Pro is the only decent Intel iGPU but it's expensive and the performance is equivalent to Kaveri APU.

Since 2006 the 3D performance of Intel Graphics has increased nearly 100 fold (Intel 3DMark06 measurements)

That has to be the funniest thing I've read all day so far.

Back