Air Traffic Control Computers Vulnerable To Terrorist Hackers

HardOCP News

[H] News
Air traffic control computer systems are vulnerable to hackers? Well, at least it wasn't an important computer network like...oh, wait. :rolleyes:

While the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has taken steps to protect its air traffic control systems from cyber-based and other threats, significant security control weaknesses remain, threatening the agency's ability to ensure the safe and uninterrupted operation of the national airspace system (NAS). These include weaknesses in controls intended to prevent, limit, and detect unauthorized access to computer resources, such as controls for protecting system boundaries, identifying and authenticating users, authorizing users to access systems, encrypting sensitive data, and auditing and monitoring activity on FAA's systems.

All systems are vulnerable to hackers. At least READ the report and realize that all the concerns in the report were already in the process of being mitigated. It is like righting a report on fat person about being fat who is on a diet that already lost the weight they needed.

Oh, is that why I see planes criss-crossing each other in the air over O'Hare? I recall, a long time ago, that a near-miss was a mile but "crossings" I've seen lately were alot closer than that.

Not just "hackers" but (cue dramatic, scary music) TERRORIST HACKERS.

Will TERRORIST HACKERS kill you in the next ten minutes? TUNE IN TONIGHT AT 11 for Super Action News Force Four! ONLY AT 11!

Wake me up when someone figures out how to hack an organic.

Probably because they are still running Windows XP!

I believe they finally made the move to win7 for everything. My older brother is a controller and he said they switched all their computers mid last year. The crazy part is they had some stuff on windows 98 still before making to move to 7

Back