Foxconn Expects Robots To Take Over More Factory Work

HardOCP News

[H] News
On one hand, this is good news because more robots means less people jumping off roofs in China. On the other hand, once the robots get fed up with slave labor...THEY WILL KILL US ALL!!!

In three years, Foxconn will probably use robots and automation to complete 70 percent of its assembly line work, said company CEO Terry Gou on Thursday in news footage circulated online.

So, i wonder how long it will take before the robots start jumping off the roof?

Next we need robots to buy the products they make. But since robots earn no income they can't buy, so they need to start to earn a salary and eliminate robot slavery.

This will be the end of Capitalism, and *THEN* ROBOTS WILL KILL US ALL! (after Apple patents us all)

Not really a big surprise with the rise of minimum wages the cost advantage shifts from labor to capital. In this case robots became cheaper than labor. This isn't a problem of capitalism inasmuch as the problem with deflation kept being advocated as somehow bad for the economy by modern economic professors. If central banks didn't print trillions for the sole purpose to create inflation, capital wouldn't be so cheap and laborers wouldn't have demanded as high compensation to keep up with living standards

It's just been a matter of time, Foxconn's biggest problem with robots is that they make the cost of manufacturing more consistent regardless of location so people moving manufacturing overseas for lower labor may suddenly change their minds and decide to contract to manufacturers closer to home. International shipping isn't cheap.

manpower based manufacturing in china isnt cheap anymore since 2010 yo.

Now more than ever, with corp consciousness permeating human relations, we need to breed up and have that passel of kids watch the robots manufacture goods for the one percent.

I dunno. It's possible that working at Foxconn sucks so much we may eventually be seeing stuff like this:

FoxconnRobots.png

It's just been a matter of time, Foxconn's biggest problem with robots is that they make the cost of manufacturing more consistent regardless of location so people moving manufacturing overseas for lower labor may suddenly change their minds and decide to contract to manufacturers closer to home. International shipping isn't cheap.

Automation will occur during high inflation, low inflation, crashes, bull markets, etc etc. As long as they can continue to find ways to cut costs in the production of a good or service using automation, it will continue to happen.

I get my mom bitching about me about using the automated checkout lanes at the grocery store/Target/WalMart.

I look at it this way.

I can go to the automated checkout and be in and out, wasting minimal time. And my time is important (and costly) to me.

Or I can walk down that row of 30 registers to find 3 of them open and 8 people in front of me in each, then wait 30 minutes to get through the line, if I'm lucky and there's no price check calls.

"It costs someone a job!"

Yeah. Now they're free to get a BETTER job. Since, evidently, nobody thought hiring sufficient cashiers was a worthwhile endeavor.

If robots can do the work then just maybe US companies will save cost and relocate back to the USA so we can stop feeding the beast of the East.

If robots can do the work then just maybe US companies will save cost and relocate back to the USA so we can stop feeding the beast of the East.

Dream on. First the human market labor will move to Vietnam and then, the robot factories will be built closest to the cheapest raw materials probably China. America's only hope is to stop pandering to corporations and give massive tax breaks to company's that aren't incorporated.

I would say if I lived in China I would care but since the job I should of had perhaps is in China could care less.

Dream on. First the human market labor will move to Vietnam and then, the robot factories will be built closest to the cheapest raw materials probably China. America's only hope is to stop pandering to corporations and give massive tax breaks to company's that aren't incorporated.

Better yet drop the highest corporate tax rate in the world.
That would mean our government would have spend within it's means, that is dream on.

BTW the USA has plenty of raw materials too.

Better yet drop the highest corporate tax rate in the world.
That would mean our government would have spend within it's means, that is dream on.

BTW the USA has plenty of raw materials too.

Corporate tax rate has nothing to do with government spending within its means. The last time we balanced the budget was in the 1950s. As long as "free trade" agreements exist, those low - medium skill jobs are never coming back. They will just go from China to Vietnam to India to Africa and so forth. Then after our living standards dropped to third world levels, those jobs will finally come back.

It does, think about it. They don't spend money wisely, the blow it. They need that revenue to keep spending.
SHRINK government so they don't blow taxpayer money then they won't need as much thus you get tax CUTS.
I agree with you NAFTA and free trade are hurting us, we really should have tariffs on many items for our own protection.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back