Looking for GPU Editors for HardOCP

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
HardOCP Contracting Video Card Editor

If you read HardOCP.com, and are in the Chattanooga, Tennessee vicinity or surrounding 100 mile area in each direction (including Chattanooga, TN down to Atlanta, GA, up to Knoxville, TN, and Nashville, TN), we are looking for a part time person to author video card evaluations. Prefer closer to Chattanooga, TN, but if you are unsure about distance, send in your resume anyway. This is a paid contractor position per review.

Your duties will include:
1. Evaluating Gameplay Experience delivered by video cards using PC games
2. Creating All Graphics, video card pictures, logos, tables, graphs, screenshots
3. Making educated comparisons and analysis to find the highest playable game settings and apples-to-apples testing
4. Authoring the Evaluation from start to finish
5. Complying with Deadlines and Completing in a Designated Time Frame

Recommended background includes:
1. Deep PC Gaming Experience
2. GPU and Video Card Knowledge
3. Technical, or Exposition or Creative Writing ability
4. Having a Passion for Gaming & Hardware at the Enthusiast Level

If this sounds like something you can commit to, please send all serious replies to [email protected] with "Video Card Editor Position for HardOCP" in the subject line. Please attach your resume and include any pertinent background information, as well as your experience with computers and gaming. Please list your current system specs, your gaming experience, your hardware experience, and any writing experience. Please include your availability to work on reviews. Please feel free to add anything else that you feel pertinent to this job.

----------------------------------------

I just want to emphasize, if you are thinking about sending in your resume, and are in these cities, go for it :)

Chattanooga, TN
Knoxville, TN
Nashville, TN
Atlanta, GA

And any space that is between those cities and Chattanooga, TN (prefer closer to, or in, Chattanooga, TN, if you can)

Thanks, Brent

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish this was 10 years ago when I still had time to commit.

That looks like it would be a lot of fun. If it weren't for the regional requirements, I'd apply in a heartbeat.

I'm curious why the requirement of living in Tennessee or close by ?

I'm curious why the requirement of living in Tennessee or close by ?

Because that will soon be the center of our GPU operation and we have found that over the last 15 years that it makes it much easier to have all editors within driving distance. If we just ran canned benchmarks, of course we would not need this accommodation.

is this an indication of things to come, with respect to product announcements from team red and green?

I welcome more people from my neck of the woods. Hello from Knoxville :D

3. Technical, or Exposition or Creating Writing ability

Did you mean Creative Writing ability?

To clarify, we have expanded the search outward from Chattanooga, in all directions, think within a 2 hour drive of Chattanooga from any direction. The closer, the preferred, but we don't want to exclude any candidate in the area who is interested. When in doubt, send your resume and information via email anyway.

Sure wish I had some writing experience to put on my resume. I'm moving to Decatur (45 mins) north of Chattanooga next week and would love very few things more than to be even a small part of what you guys do. If you happen to be willing to groom an enthusiast who's willing perhaps even to donate time to this, pm me and I'd follow through the rest of the motions. Thanks and sorry if I'm clogging this thread, please delete if so.

Sounds like a great and fun opportunity for someone!

As others have noted, if I were in the area, and this were 10 years ago when I had more time, I would definitely have applied.

Zarathustra[H];1041548588 said:

As others have noted, if I were in the area, and this were 10 years ago when I had more time, I would definitely have applied...

Amen my friend, but a few years, wife, few kids, and demanding full-time job have taken me far out of this kind of picture. Still, kudos to [H] for making these kinds of opportunities available.

Since you expanded the search area, I wish I had the time... in Huntsville, AL.

Just sent Brent an email. Looking forward to you guys coming down here. It's a great area... except for the friggin pollen. :D

All this time, I thought New York was the center of everything......:eek:

I would love to do this kind of thing, but middle-of-nowhere New York ain't cutting it I guess.:D

All this time, I thought New York was the center of everything......:eek:

I would love to do this kind of thing, but middle-of-nowhere New York ain't cutting it I guess.:D

Well, presumably they want to be close enough that in a pinch, it wouldn't be impossible to hand deliver something critical for testing, faster than UPS/FedEX can do it.

They probably also want to be able to occasionally meet in person, without having to incur high travel expenses.

Zarathustra[H];1041553102 said:
Well, presumably they want to be close enough that in a pinch, it wouldn't be impossible to hand deliver something critical for testing, faster than UPS/FedEX can do it.

They probably also want to be able to occasionally meet in person, without having to incur high travel expenses.

Who knew?????;)

I get the proximity thing.......my comment was in jest.

I just want to emphasize, if you are thinking about sending in your resume, and are in these cities, go for it :)

Chattanooga, TN
Knoxville, TN
Nashville, TN
Atlanta, GA

And any space that is between those cities and Chattanooga, TN (prefer closer to Chattanooga, TN, if you can)

I'll just say that whoever gets the job has a very high standard to uphold.

I'm right at 200 miles out from where I live in Ky. Chattanooga should move about 100 miles north, then I would be good to go.

I am actually the perfect candidate, but my duties at my normal 9-5 have expanded recently.

That looks like it would be a lot of fun. If it weren't for the regional requirements, I'd apply in a heartbeat.
Exactly what I was thinking. Somehow I feel like living in Oregon might not work out. I would be HardOCP's slave if they could hire me :D

Chattanooga area? Check.
Gaming and video card experience? Check.
Writing skillz? Check.
Time to take on something new? Not even close.

Having briefly run my own site, and written for another. Whoever applies take it seriously. It's not always fun and games lol.

Man if I would I could qualify. As close as knoxville is to Virginia Beach I don't think I could qualify. I've been in the PC biz since I was 15 but not anything like what they have here. GL to whoever they choose.

Wait would you take someone in Virginia?
I can write. I have a somewhat decent rig. and I've been doing this for years. Along with the fact I'm constantly playing with PC equipment all damn day.

Last edited:
Back