20-year-old Military Weather Satellite Apparently Exploded in Orbit

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The US Air Force announced one of their military satellites suddenly exploded in orbit in what was described as a catastrophic event. The 20-year old satellite, called Defense Meteorological Satellite Program Flight 13 was launched in 1995 and has been in a backup role since 2006.

We anticipate real-time weather data for tactical users will be slightly reduced without this satellite, but its data was not being used for weather forecast modeling.

A sudden temperature spike? Someone with a directed energy weapon destroyed it.

Clearly a spy satellite the CIA blew up through a self-destruct sequence to protect images of aliens in their UFOs waving at us. DAMN THOSE ALIENS AND GOVERNMENT!! :eek: :D

Clearly a spy satellite the CIA blew up through a self-destruct sequence to protect images of aliens in their UFOs waving at us. DAMN THOSE ALIENS AND GOVERNMENT!! :eek: :D

I would have totally believed you if they were ancient aliens.

First its weather balloons and now weather satellites. Rrright... :p

Yep give it another 20 years and we'll be trapped on Earth

I don't think that the 26 new pieces of stuff are gonna make a hugenormous difference since the orbit of the planet is pretty big. Yeah, true it adds to the junk out there, but IDK if that alone is gonna be a big deal.

Clearly the work of the fascist gay EU-loving American CIA regime in the still non liberated parts of The Ukraine.

Time to step up the humanitarian heavy truck-deliveries across the border.

I don't think that the 26 new pieces of stuff are gonna make a hugenormous difference since the orbit of the planet is pretty big. Yeah, true it adds to the junk out there, but IDK if that alone is gonna be a big deal.

26 new trackable pieces...9579 untrackables?

Repeat this several times a year over the next 20...

This is like when China tested an anti-satellite weapon, and within a few weeks we "were forced" to use a Standard Missile to blow up one of our own, older satellites that had "suddenly malfunctioned" and was in a declining orbit.

However, in this case no country would have detected or tracked a missile/projectile hitting that satellite. We just have a suddenly exploding satellite and a military press release saying "Well, Gee Golly! We simply have NO idea how THAT could have happened?!?....*wink* "

Air Force Space Command said DMSP-F13’s power subsystem experienced “a sudden spike in temperature” followed by “an unrecoverable loss of attitude control.” As DMSP operators were deciding to “render the vehicle safe” the Joint Space Operations Center at Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, identified a debris field near the satellite. -

Maybe it was just getting uppity. :D

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
And a dress is just a dress...
59716474.jpg

Sounds more like either hostile aggression by another country or they lost control and had to self-destruct. I don't buy the whole "it just blew" part.

The scariest take way from this article?

1995 was 20 years ago. Feels like just yesterday.

Well, I have to confess: I've been pressing the number sequence daily for 20 years and finally decided to stop and see what would happen. Now we know.

Well, I have to confess: I've been pressing the number sequence daily for 20 years and finally decided to stop and see what would happen. Now we know.

YOU! :mad:

That reminds me, I need to do a Lost marathon...

Back