Intel Ranks No. 1 In Semiconductors On FORTUNE Most Admired List

HardOCP News

[H] News
Fortune announced its annual ranking of the World’s Most Admired Companies, the definitive report card on corporate reputations. Intel ranked No. 40 on the overall top 50 list, moving up from No. 47 in 2014. Ranked by its peers across nine attributes - including innovation, social responsibility, and product quality - Intel also maintained its No. 1 position on the Semiconductors list.

Well hell, they've been number one in sales for about 25 years. No doubt people are happy working for a company that is stable and has money out the wazoo.

Whenever we gobble up some employees from some now defunct semiconductor company or some company that laid off 75% of its workforce they come in and rave about how great the company was and the benefits were, I say "I'm sure it was great, but they no longer exist, so whatever they were doing wasn't working out".

It's sad, but companies that give a shit about their employees will not survive unless they have a massive upper hand to offset the competitive disadvantage giving a shit about your employees causes.

Well hell, they've been number one in sales for about 25 years. No doubt people are happy working for a company that is stable and has money out the wazoo.

Whenever we gobble up some employees from some now defunct semiconductor company or some company that laid off 75% of its workforce they come in and rave about how great the company was and the benefits were, I say "I'm sure it was great, but they no longer exist, so whatever they were doing wasn't working out".

It's sad, but companies that give a shit about their employees will not survive unless they have a massive upper hand to offset the competitive disadvantage giving a shit about your employees causes.

Actually the employee compensation package is targeted to the 60th percentile of the tech industry. aka. "nothing special".

Back