Amazon Two-Hour Deliveries Come to Prime Members in Brooklyn

HardOCP News

[H] News
Amazon is now making two hour deliveries? Awesome! I can seriously think of a million of times I could have used that. :)

The service allows Amazon Prime subscribers in neighborhoods such as Brooklyn Heights, Fort Greene and Prospect Heights to get free delivery on a limited selection of goods within two hours of ordering. Prime Now also offers an $8, one-hour option in most of Manhattan, but not in Brooklyn.

I live in Manhattan and while it's a nice deal for Prime members I'm not sure what to make of this...I wonder how limited of a selection of items are available for this 1-2 hour delivery...can I get a video card or TV that quick...probably not...will probably only be toothpaste, candy and other similar items I could easily walk across the street to Duane Reade and buy

I can seriously think of a million of times I could have used that. :)

really? i can't think of a single instance where i wanted something from amazon within two hours or even the same day and i order a lot from them.

That seems fair... I mean, imagine having to live in Brooklyn! *shudder* Its just the humane thing to do to offer them this minor consolation before others.

I'm guessing this because they have a warehouse in Woodbridge, NJ...depending on the time of day/ horrible traffic conditions on the Staten Island Expressway it may take over an hour just to get over the Verrazano Bridge which is only 20 miles of distance : /

I heard a rumor that there's a transit system in Manhattan that allows you to easily buy things yourself.

Back