Vice President Of Firefox Is Leaving Mozilla

HardOCP News

[H] News
Mozilla's vice president of Firefox announced today that he is leaving the company. You can read the full statement in this blog post

Firefox today has a fierce momentum. None of which will stop the trolls, of course. When this news gets out, I imagine someone will say something stupid. That it’s a Sign Of Doom. Predictable, and dead wrong; it misunderstands us completely.

They did make a lot of progress last year so good for him. I even have a buddy who was all over Chrome's nuts but had some issues with it one day so I told him to try FF again now he's switched. Worth a shot to all you Chromies out there who haven't tried it in awhile.

Doom and Gloom, FF is Dead! :rolleyes:

It always amuses me when people believe a project as big as FF revolves around 1 person.

I'm surprised so many people don't see the writing on the wall regarding FireFox. Will it ever go away? Probably not. But you're kidding yourself if you think FF is (or has been) anywhere near the best browser experience for a long time now.

MAYBE if you have an extension that only exists on FF, but I think that's pretty darn rare at this point. Otherwise, FF is a slow, clunky, inefficient, nigh-incompatible relic.

I'm not saying FF was NEVER good, but it's been a long time now that it's been in 3rd place.

Flame away, LOL (I'm not joking or trolling but I know lots of people are REALLY loyal to Mozilla, for some reason..)

I have a sinking feeling FF will never be the browser it once was, even if the VP steps down.

Mozilla should just shut down all their other divisions, based on uptake FireFox really is their only product.

I primarily use FF over Chrome.

The only issues I have with FF is how slow it is to open a new browser window if you click a hyperlink. It's incredibly slow doing that.

As far as compatibility and user-experience, it's my favorite.

I like Firefox, I use some of the ad-block, flash-block, auto-mapping, multi-email tracking, and media-download extensions on mine and it makes life so convenient, easily saves me half an hour a day off mundane but helpful tasks.

Not to mention the useful development friendly stuff at work.

I hope they stick around for quite a while cause I've yet to see comparable solutions on the market for my needs right now.

Firefox for life on Windows! But I uninstalled them on my Android after an issue that happened with an update several months ago that causes it to crash within seconds of launching it. I tried to reinstall it a few weeks ago, but it still has the same issue, despite being 2-3 versions newer. :(

Mozilla should just shut down all their other divisions, based on uptake FireFox really is their only product.
No way, I also use Thunderbird and want them to continue supporting that program as well.

I'm surprised so many people don't see the writing on the wall regarding FireFox. Will it ever go away? Probably not. But you're kidding yourself if you think FF is (or has been) anywhere near the best browser experience for a long time now.

MAYBE if you have an extension that only exists on FF, but I think that's pretty darn rare at this point. Otherwise, FF is a slow, clunky, inefficient, nigh-incompatible relic.

What happens if you do not like the look of chrome (although FF emulated that you can get the old look back with an addon)?

Sometimes people simply step down to venture other paths. Its nice this doesn't seem to be scandal related or anything. That said, I still am a vehement supporter of Mozilla and Firefox. I hope that his replacement will adhere to policies of respect for the user base, privacy, customization, openness, and useful features.

Sometimes people simply step down to venture other paths. Its nice this doesn't seem to be scandal related or anything.

Nonsense. He MUST have donated money to a candidate who at one time made a statement or cast a vote that some group disagreed with, therfore no longer deserves to be employed and support a family.

The throttle locks down, the steering servos break hard, the car flies off toward a rock wall - of course you leave the vehicle!

Back