AKRACING Premium Gaming Chair

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are a racing sim fan, this review of the AKRACING premium gaming chair posted today at Overclockers Club should be of interest to you.

First thing first, this chair is designed to appear AND feel like a racing chair. If you've never sat in a racing type seat before, you should know their design and build isn't meant to be overly soft. This chair is quite a bit stiffer than your common squishy office chair and is far from an "executive" style chair. It's not stiff and hard like a wooden dining room chair, but it might take you a bit to get used to if you've never sat in something like it before.

It's just a rebranded DX Racer chair, which is rebranded from something else. Great chairs, but, not revolutionary in this sense.

Thanks, in the market for a good office/gaming chair. Been looking at MAXNOMIC chairs that look very similar but with some bit more expensive options.

Had the DX and hated it. Very stiff and the armrest were way to short for me. IMHO. Sold it.

How do the DX chairs do for lower back support?

DXRacers are chinese $50 chairs that are marketed to high hell to make the kids watching Twitch think they're something worthy of consideration.

Seriously as soon as a twitch streamer gets enough viewers, they get a free chair in the mail.

DXRacers are chinese $50 chairs that are marketed to high hell to make the kids watching Twitch think they're something worthy of consideration.

Seriously as soon as a twitch streamer gets enough viewers, they get a free chair in the mail.

I like my DX Racer, honestly. It's better built than any chair you can buy at office depot or the like. It's also very comfortable.

No wheel locks, no buy. The one feature I look for in a racing chair, and am pretty much never going to get, is brakes. Otherwise I am pushing a chair without wheels in front of the desk when the racing wheel and pedals come out..

Otherwise, the dark one looks pretty cool. Don't think I could live with a white chair in my den.

A gaming chair. You've got to be fucking kidding me, right.

A gaming chair. You've got to be fucking kidding me, right.

Actually it's nothing new.
But the usual concept is commonly used in simpits. And as a spiffier desk chair, Recaro has been selling office chairs for quite a while.

I have been thinking about doing something similar, but instead of buying a 'gaming chair', I wanted to opt for a racing seat, and mount it closer to the ground in a pit configuration.

Ha, fair enough.

It had to be done.

tumblr_mu8oioJVJG1rchct6o1_400.gif

Sorry but what the fuck is the point of this thing? Oh yeah those side bolsters will really come in handy when you're taking high G corners playing Gran Turismo.

Hmmm.

My steelcase leap that I got at a furniture liquidator for $250 a couple years ago that was apparently manufactured in 2003(at least I think it was 2003, not going to bother flipping it over to verify) and has held up under butts for over a decade without the fabric getting gross and the foam still holding up, or a $400 made in china piece of crap that likely won't last any longer than a $300 chair from staples... but it has a little pillow on a strap to slide up and down, and bolsters like a racecar seat.

Way overpriced just like a DX Racer. If I'm going to spend that much on a chair I'm going to go all out and buy a Herman Miller.

Back