Corsair Announces Hydro Series H100i GTX 240mm and H80i GT 120mm Liquid CPU Coolers

HardOCP News

[H] News
Corsair®, a world leader in high-performance PC hardware, today announced the Hydro Series™ H100i GTX and H80i GT liquid CPU coolers. Like the H110i GT announced in January, the new coolers feature a next generation cooling block that provides more efficient cooling for CPU-intensive applications and super-quiet operation for lighter workloads. Both coolers integrate Corsair Link support to allow users to customize cooling performance, monitor temperature, and change the color of the built-in LED lighting from their desktop.

The Hydro Series H100i GTX incorporates a 240mm radiator while the more compact H80i GT uses a 120mm “double thick” radiator. Both feature high pressure SP120L PWM fans that can be easily controlled through Corsair Link software. The coolers also have a striking new look with logo inserts on the block and radiator in addition to sleeved tubing. And, as with all Hydro Series CPU coolers, the H100i GTX and H80i GT are completely self-contained and require no maintenance or filling.

I just want to know if they've improved the threads for the fan screws. Because the threads in my H100i radiator was about the worst I've ever encountered while building a computer.

Here I thought Corsair was getting into video cards... Until I read past the GT & GTX suffixes

I saw the H100i GTX leaks from CES.. looks like a nice upgrade from the existing H100i.

Oh yeah the money must be flowing again, Asus and corsair are by far the two worst company's you can purchase anything from, money talks and bullshit walks. HardOCP must be rich even week ASUS or Corsair ad's, because that's all they are to me, you'll be really surprised by how fast the news goes by when you skip by products from ASUS and Corsair... like a plague.

Oh yeah the money must be flowing again, Asus and corsair are by far the two worst company's you can purchase anything from, money talks and bullshit walks. HardOCP must be rich even week ASUS or Corsair ad's, because that's all they are to me, you'll be really surprised by how fast the news goes by when you skip by products from ASUS and Corsair... like a plague.

Do you mind telling me what we're doing wrong and how we could do better?

I wonder if the 120mm will actually do just as good of a job. Just moving back to air myself.

Gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there pal. I've dealt with Corsair support twice, and both times came away exceptionally impressed.

The more notable of the two was with a pair of their HS1 headphones, which died a month after the 2 year warranty expired. The reps sent me a brand new pair of Vengeance 1500 cans as a replacement even though the warranty was technically up. They were shipped to me inside of a week at no cost to myself.

I continue to buy (many) Corsair products because of this level of support - not to mention the high quality and performance. My current rig sports a Corsair case, PSU and RAM, and I've had Zero issues with them.

It seems strange to release a new H100i flavour having only just updated the h110 to an intelligent pump. I wonder how the H100i GTX will stack up against the H110i GT.

No thanks, I'll stick to good ol and simple air cooling for less then half the cost and 80% of AIO performance

MlWxHJo.jpg

Is it made any better than the H100i? My parted out my system and the stupid fins cracked when the CPU cooler tapped them. Had to throw the whole unit out. I've seen several brand new units out of the box and all had at least some bent fins. They need to be made sturdier.

Has anyone ever really gotten corsair link to work...i get the feeling corsair doesn't give a crap about it. They don't even tell you how/where to get it when you buy a compatible product.

No thanks, I'll stick to good ol and simple air cooling for less then half the cost and 80% of AIO performance

Yeah, but that's not gonna fit in my Air 240. Often the descision is less about absolute performance and more about efficient use of space.

The Noctua NH-U9L is 110mm tall, and will fit in Air 240. NH-U9S is 125mm tall. Not sure how accurate the 120 mm Air 240 CPU clearance spec is, but often I've found case CPU clearance specs are conservative.

Has anyone ever really gotten corsair link to work...i get the feeling corsair doesn't give a crap about it. They don't even tell you how/where to get it when you buy a compatible product.

If you are referring to stores like Amazon or Newegg product page, you are probably right, there is no link nor a direction where to download the Corsair Link software. But Link compatibility is mentioned in the product spec section of the page, where it would say if the cooler will utilize Corsair link or not.

Our official site on the other hand, will always include the tab where you can download the latest version of Corsair Link; http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-series-h100i-gtx-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler

Uh huh... I feel like you have never used either, or just don't actually know anything about quality. Corsair and Asus are two of the top leading brands in the computer industry. In performance and quality.

Liquid_static, in order for some units to be recognized you will need to peform a Regedit hack. Just look up H100i regedit. This is a long running issue with Windows 8.1. I just disabled my Regedit in order to see if it is resolved with the H100i GTX edition.

Back