Facebook Post Leads To Home Invasion

HardOCP News

[H] News
Here's a surefire way to get robbed, just start blabbing about all your new bling bling jewelry on Facebook. Works like a charm! :rolleyes:

Police say boastful posts on Facebook and Instagram about a jewelry inheritance apparently prompted three men to target a Philadelphia home for a robbery. Detectives say three men wearing ski masks and wielding pistols kicked in the door of a residence in the Somerton neighborhood at around 2:30 a.m. Sunday and demanded jewelry and other valuables from a 19-year-old resident.

Just so you guys know, I don't have any jewelry other than a 10 year-old Wenger watch. So there is no reason to break down my door.

Just so you guys know, I don't have any jewelry other than a 10 year-old Wenger watch. So there is no reason to break down my door.

That's exactly what a jewelry hoarder would say!

Long before the days of social media people with common sense have known not to advertise their valuables.

not as bad as when a lady posts a picture on mayhem lol prepare for invasion in 5min.

Damn pretty stupid. But you should be prepared if you're that stupid, make sure you carry several guns.

crime sucks... but you were basically asking for it if you are posting public information,pics, address info etc

My next thought is -- if you wanted to clean up the world a bit, make some "bling bling" posts, and then sit back and wait with racked shotgun and blow the fuckers away... you win, society wins.

crime sucks... but you were basically asking for it if you are posting public information,pics, address info etc

My next thought is -- if you wanted to clean up the world a bit, make some "bling bling" posts, and then sit back and wait with racked shotgun and blow the fuckers away... you win, society wins.

Interesting theory... it would work in all the "castle law" states... :eek:

I just hope you aren't considered an accessory before the fact by giving someone the idea... :rolleyes:

I'm surprised this thread isn't already infested with the "You can't blame the victim white knights". She must of been ugly..:rolleyes:

People share way too much. I basically share nothing on social media.
1. I don't like being exploited by companies like Facebook who use my personal info for their gain.
2. I don't want people to know much about me or my family. Too many creeps in the world.
3. I have avoided people most of my life - so why should I be compelled to share with people I'm trying to avoid anyway?
It's a free society. I realize I don't have to use their services - so I don't.
Wasn't there a story not long ago about some idiot posting his "Ferris Beuler's Day off exploits" and his boss saw it? Really people?

most people just can't keep their mouth shut. They gotta scratch that itch.

FB is making bank by enabling this behavior. who knew.

I agree, and also, I can't say I didn't have the same idea.

I'm surprised this thread isn't already infested with the "You can't blame the victim white knights". She must of been ugly..:rolleyes:

That's reddit. This isn't the white knight site... She was an idiot.

I have a kick ass new stereo system, but I have to be out of town this week. Darn. Can't listen to it. :rolleyes:

Although the victim was rather naive in doing that, the criminals are fully the one at fault regardless. I hope you are not saying the victim deserved to be robbed?

What they need to do is build a house where the interior has a 150ft pit. Then advertise how much good stuff is in the house and wait for people to rush in. That will at least get rid of some of the criminals.

What they need to do is build a house where the interior has a 150ft pit. Then advertise how much good stuff is in the house and wait for people to rush in. That will at least get rid of some of the criminals.

You're going to need a bigger hole. :D

Back