Half Life 3: Unannounced

these Half Life 3 posts always get my heart to skip a beat...until I realize it's another 'still no Half Life 3' article...imagine the day when Half Life 3 is actually officially announced and forums light up with the news

These damn things always make me want to go back and play HL2, which of course thinking of playing HL2 makes me want to go back and play the original HL.

Then I think about how I'll never get to finish that story....and get sad and play none of them.

these Half Life 3 posts always get my heart to skip a beat...until I realize it's another 'still no Half Life 3' article...imagine the day when Half Life 3 is actually officially announced and forums light up with the news

Ironically after all of this if it ever is announced a large percentage of people wont believe it. :D

I think they're waiting for next gen VR or something similar so they have a new hardware platform to release it on, otherwise there's just no way for them to make it a "wow" moment.

Let's face it, one more typical FPS game, even if it is a fantastic HL3 release just won't impress like it would have a decade ago.

It's going to need something to make it memorable and it will need to be some kind of external hardware advancement. They are likely hoping to create pent up demand and make it a memorable moment.

Or, they just never came up with a good enough conclusion to the series and aren't ready.

I cried.

Was waiting to see an over weight woman come sit next to him. What's her name.

Wow, the new engine sure looks a step-up in realism. Great physics too. I'm glad they took their time. I wonder what happens next... Does Gordon go insane from boredom? Does he continue to get fatter and fatter and dies from suffocation? How is getting so fat anyways? Where does the food come from? How cruel GMan must be to continue dilvering the man pizzas and beer while watching this slow torture through a window. Did Gman also cancel the k-drama on the tv prior to this scene? So.... many questions.

These damn things always make me want to go back and play HL2, which of course thinking of playing HL2 makes me want to go back and play the original HL.

Then I think about how I'll never get to finish that story....and get sad and play none of them.

This. HL1 and 2 are two of the greatest games of all time that I now have a hard time going back and playing knowing that they ultimately leave off on cliffhanger that will never be resolved.

"They're waiting for you, Gordon.... in the *Test* Chamberrrr."

Or they were, anyway.

I think they're waiting for next gen VR or something similar so they have a new hardware platform to release it on, otherwise there's just no way for them to make it a "wow" moment.

Let's face it, one more typical FPS game, even if it is a fantastic HL3 release just won't impress like it would have a decade ago.

It's going to need something to make it memorable and it will need to be some kind of external hardware advancement. They are likely hoping to create pent up demand and make it a memorable moment.

Or, they just never came up with a good enough conclusion to the series and aren't ready.
Good points. However, I think HL2's strength wasn't necessarily its graphics, as good as they may have been for their time. It was all in the strength of the gameplay, the pacing, and the story.

Good points. However, I think HL2's strength wasn't necessarily its graphics, as good as they may have been for their time. It was all in the strength of the gameplay, the pacing, and the story.

Absolutely, even the 1st one is enjoyable to play, with it's outdated graphics. It's the story, dialog and caring about the characters. It's not all about the graphics.

Ugh, why did I watch this. All it did was depress me on how awesome HL1 and HL2 were, plus the DLC's. WHY VALVE? WHY?

Hopefully HL3 doesn't end up like DNF. I don't want to end up running around a cobbled together space ship zapping poorly rendered fake boobs with a gravity gun :rolleyes:

Hopefully HL3 doesn't end up like DNF. I don't want to end up running around a cobbled together space ship zapping poorly rendered fake boobs with a gravity gun :rolleyes:

For it to end up like DNF, we would have had to have seen videos of it spanning at least 3 generations of game engine over the course of 15yrs, accompanied by endless promises of release. As it is, I think we've effectively had nothing but radio silence... :(

There isn't a Half-Life 3 because the first two games are overrated as fuck. They're nothing but tech demos.

There isn't a Half-Life 3 because the first two games are overrated as fuck. They're nothing but tech demos.

KqdxoQQ.gif

:D

I saw the Half Life 3 and then Announced and my heart stopped beating for a second. Then I read it again. What the fuck, Steve :p

lNuPRojDalg7S.gif

The music is too similar to the Dead Island "going backwards withe soft sad piano in background" trailer.

Gdc 2015, source 3 on opengl next for steam box, running hl3 tech demo....

The PC community needs HL3 so bad. IF it ever comes out I will build a new rig just for it.

Gabe please dude, just do it!!

Now that Steam Machines and Steam OS are pretty much ready I think we will see a trailer at E3 with a release date in time for Christmas.

Half-Life 3 is so over-hyped at this point that any actual release will be guaranteed to flop flat on its face. They'll need something new again to recapture the magic. My guess is that it might be VR. In that case don't expect it anytime soon.

Thanks, 2015 has officially just been ruined. Now I'm going to cut my self again in the dark corner of my moms basement.

The first 2 installments were the best gaming experience ever, so sad. I was a meer boy when the first came out now I am about ready to retire.

Half-Life 3 is so over-hyped at this point that any actual release will be guaranteed to flop flat on its face. They'll need something new again to recapture the magic. My guess is that it might be VR. In that case don't expect it anytime soon.

It is over hyped, but I think it won't be a flop. HL has a great story with character you care about. Dnf didn't have that going for it, and that is why it failed.

All it needs graphic par for the time. They don't have to be crysis quality, but good for the time. You play hl for the story not the graphics.

If HL3 ever does get announced it will be like on Friday "It's coming this next Tuesday".

I've been waiting for hl3 for so long I don't even play video games anymore!

sigh

I'm fucking depressed now.

TF3 before HL3, because, more hats and monetized shit.

Fuck you Valve /me sells Steam account worth a few grand

Back