You Can Now Control Assassin’s Creed with Your Eyes

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
In coordination with Tobii Tech, Ubisoft will be offering a game option that will let you control movement of the game solely with your eye movement. You will have to purchase the SteelSeries Sentry eye tracker separately, but the unit will come bundled with Assassin’s Creed: Rogue when it ships out March 10th.

Introducing eye-tracking into the mix doesn’t mean keyboard and mouse control are out. Instead, it means the player’s gaze and that of the game’s protagonist Shay Patrick Cormac are the same. Where you look, Cormac will look.

You mean.... I wont get cramp in my little finger any more?

I guess this is good news for people paralyzed from the neck down? Can't say I'd want to use it for any other reason.

I wonder if DOF will be tied to that... and if will even matter at that point.

Shay Patrick Cormac? What boy band is he in?

They have this kind of technology, but they still can't properly load a texture.

The cost associated will ensure almost no one uses it. People don't seem to ever get that a huge part of adding input to games is how many people have it. For years a lot of games didn't support mouse buttons 4 and 5, it wasn't until almost everyone had mice with forward, back, and wheels that most a games started to support this.

IMO the way to go would have been instead to make an application for smart phones that allow you to use the camera in the smart phone almost everyone has to do stuff. The way the world went shit crazy about Kinect has pretty much dealt a 10 year blow to any sort of video based input sadly.

my middle one. Won't be playing ANY Ubisoft games for the foreseeable future. I don't buy buggy, half finished, DLC ridden games.

I don't want to control anything with my eyes you control the pixels don't let the pixels control you.

Back