Microsoft Adds 500k Windows Insiders in 8 Days

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Microsoft looks to have a winner with its Windows 10 beta program. According to Microsoft’s Facebook page, the beta program picked up an additional half-Million beta testers in the past eight days.

Windows 10 is shaping up to be a blend of Windows 7 functionality sprinkled with Windows 8's modern elements. The result is an OS that bridges the gap between traditional desktop computing and modern touch environments without sacrificing the familiarity of Windows.

Last edited:
As it is right now, Windows 10 is absolutely awesome. I hope it maintains this boot up speed (almost instant) and performance overall.

As it is right now, Windows 10 is absolutely awesome. I hope it maintains this boot up speed (almost instant) and performance overall.

Overly impressed by the 'ol hibernating-the-kernel trick, are ya. Boot up speed isn't everything, I'm much more concerned about them getting things like the start menu right - in the current build its a disaster.

10 has gotten a lot more stable on my Surface Pro 3 over the last few days with some new drivers and updates. Out of the box last Friday 10 was completely unstable on my SP3 so that is at least progress in one area. Power utilization is still WAY to high. There is a process called "Host Process for Setting Synchronization" that seems to eat up a lot of CPU for no reason.

The UI is coming along OK but still a lot missing. This first shot at Continuum is pretty decent. The mode switching is work pretty well and the tablet mode is usable as a tablet but it's not nearly as elegant as 8.1 update on tablets at this point.

Overly impressed by the 'ol hibernating-the-kernel trick, are ya. Boot up speed isn't everything, I'm much more concerned about them getting things like the start menu right - in the current build its a disaster.

Obviously Start is not finished and the one in 9926 isn't even the latest version, later versions support transparency. I'm guessing Start will be one of the last things that becomes finalized. Clearly Microsoft is aware of the Start issues in 8.x and they'll probably take their time to get it right enough to avoid the major problems of 8.1 with desktop users while striking a balance on tablets.

Back