More Names Changed By Comcast

HardOCP News

[H] News
Apparently Comcast has done that whole "change customer's names to something obscene" thing before.

This is not how Comcast wanted to end a week that saw it having to explain how a supposedly rogue employee could change a customer’s name to “A**hole Brown.” Other customers have since come forward claiming they also had their names tweaked for the worst by Comcast staffers.

As long as they give me the service I pay for and fix any issues I have without a fight, they can put whatever name they want on my bill :)

Comcast f*** me in the ass every month so them calling me names doesn't really bother me.

Send the bill back to comcast with a note saying "Sorry Assole Brown doesn't live here this isn't my bill."

This is what happens when you hire minimum wage workers in the US where a significant number have no chance at upward mobility, not because of lack of opportunity, but because they're deadwoods for a variety of reasons. This is why I rather hire immigrants when given a choice and I have. They're motivated by a need to stay in this country and a family to support. Most of them are also looking to move up in their life.

Just imagine these minimum wage workers assembling your cellphones instead of the Chinese workers. I can almost guarantee that the failure rate would be astronomical.

This is what happens when you hire minimum wage workers in the US where a significant number have no chance at upward mobility, not because of lack of opportunity, but because they're deadwoods for a variety of reasons. This is why I rather hire immigrants when given a choice and I have. They're motivated by a need to stay in this country and a family to support. Most of them are also looking to move up in their life.

Just imagine these minimum wage workers assembling your cellphones instead of the Chinese workers. I can almost guarantee that the failure rate would be astronomical.

Are you the heir of CreepyUncleGoogle's kingdom?

Comcast seems to have a problem. If they hate their customers as they seem to routinely demonstrate....why are they in business? What's the motivation to provide service to people you disdain.

If they changed my name to something like that, I would send a paper check to them payable to: Fucker ComASS.

Comcast seems to have a problem. If they hate their customers as they seem to routinely demonstrate....why are they in business? What's the motivation to provide service to people you disdain.

Have you ever done Call Center work? You learn to hate your customers really really quick.

Have you ever done Call Center work? You learn to hate your customers really really quick.

Customers lie, cheat, and steal, and never, ever believe they're at fault.

I work for an unnamed major ISP in Canada, and I've heard everything. "I'm in College, why would I have to read?", "I don't touch anything with electricity in it", and "I haven't touched anything" when the modem has moved from the documented install location to the other end of a 50 foot cord. I've seen clients call in saying nothing had been changed when they had just completed renovations removing the entire wall that had held the jack for the modem.

I spent an hour this week helping an agent where the client categorically stated that all her devices were wired directly to our gateway, with no possibility of any other equipment in the house, when these selfsame devices were happily acking IPs off their undisclosed third party router.

Our company used to give out cheap laptops as a signing bonus. One client called in, furious that the Purolator courier who had delivered the laptop hadn't come in and set it up for her. She'd then handed the laptop to her 8yr old son and told him to "make it work". Said son proceeded to unplug every piece of ISP equipment in the house (and they were a triple play client, so that's a *lot* of equipment), and pile it in the middle of the living room floor. When I was unable to talk them through getting it to work, and advised that there'd be charges for the tech to set it back up, she yelled at me for 10 min. The tech we sent must have been yelled at too - he replaced two lost power cords and set everything back up free of charge.

That client was ceased by collections a few months later without ever having paid a bill.

So, yes. Working in a call centre makes you hate people. I wouldn't trust the people I've talked to to wash my windows, never mind operate cars or heavy machinery. :/

Back