Electronic Arts Reports Q3 FY15 Financial Results

HardOCP News

[H] News
Electronic Arts Inc. today announced preliminary financial results for its third fiscal quarter ended December 31, 2014. “Electronic Arts delivered amazing experiences to our players in Q3, from the award-winning Dragon Age: Inquisition to SimCity BuildIt to our live services for FIFA, Madden NFL and more,” said Chief Executive Officer Andrew Wilson. “Great execution with our leading IP, new mobile hits and continued strength in our catalogue of top games and services were the foundation for an excellent performance in Q3.”

“EA has driven another quarter of record-breaking financials,” said Chief Financial Officer Blake Jorgensen. “Our ongoing digital transformation, including live services like EA SPORTS Ultimate Team, coupled with ongoing cost discipline, enables us to deliver consistent cash flow and earnings growth.”

from the award-winning Dragon Age: Inquisition....which is still full of bugs

smh

Ubi$oft lowered the bar so far down it makes EA look like like the gold standard of quality control in game development.

So much for all that boycotting and moaning and groaning people are doing over how terrible EA is to the entire universe and the state of humanity.

So much for all that boycotting and moaning and groaning people are doing over how terrible EA is to the entire universe and the state of humanity.

EA has a track record of shitting on developers and their customers, so a lot of the complaints are arguably justified. The fact that they make as much money as they do speaks to two things, in my opinion: 1) they have a stable of IP cash-cows and 2) console game sales are a great source of revenue for them. The Glorious PC Gaming Master Race are a small minority of their customers, but they are very vocal in their opposition to some of the business practices EA has engaged in in the past and probably still continue to engage in today.

What a stinky load of shit.

Referencing NHL 15 as an "amazing experience?" Go fuck yourself in the ear, EA. Twice, hard, and fatally.

EA has a track record of shitting on developers and their customers, so a lot of the complaints are arguably justified. The fact that they make as much money as they do speaks to two things, in my opinion: 1) they have a stable of IP cash-cows and 2) console game sales are a great source of revenue for them. The Glorious PC Gaming Master Race are a small minority of their customers, but they are very vocal in their opposition to some of the business practices EA has engaged in in the past and probably still continue to engage in today.

I'm not saying they're a good company at all or that they don't do some things that are upsetting to their customers. I just wanted to point out that EA doesn't have to bother listening to the complaints as they seem to come from a vocal minority that has no negative impact on their ability to be a profitable business entity.

Well we also need to admit, that despite and the crying and complaining about EA, and other companies, they still sell tons of PC copies of their games as well.

I think I am the only one on this forum who thinks EA games are worth buying.

Some are buggy as hell but there isn't really much competition when it comes to big budget games (over $100M).

Back