Microsoft Cloud And Devices Momentum Highlights Second Quarter Results

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft Corp. today announced revenue of $26.5 billion for the quarter ended December 31, 2014. Gross margin, operating income, and diluted earnings per share (“EPS”) for the quarter were $16.3 billion, $7.8 billion, and $0.71 per share, respectively. These financial results include $243 million of integration and restructuring expenses, or a $0.02 per share negative impact, related to both Microsoft’s restructuring plan announced in July 2014 and the ongoing integration of the Nokia Devices and Services (“NDS”) business. There is also a $0.04 per share negative impact related to income tax expense resulting from an IRS audit adjustment.

Microsoft also announced its intention to complete the existing $40 billion share repurchase authorization by December 31, 2016. The following table notes the impact of the integration and restructuring expenses on the company’s financial performance (“Noted Items”). This financial information is provided to aid investors in better understanding the company’s performance. All growth comparisons relate to the corresponding period in the last fiscal year.

Not much momentum today, the stock getting blasted. I kind of figured those Windows licensing numbers were going to an issue with investors. Looks like those free Windows licenses took their toll. The license volume went up if I read correctly but the volume increase was fueled by the free Windows versions.

Not much momentum today, the stock getting blasted. I kind of figured those Windows licensing numbers were going to an issue with investors. Looks like those free Windows licenses took their toll. The license volume went up if I read correctly but the volume increase was fueled by the free Windows versions.

The daily changes in share price in reaction to one-off events don't really indicate much about how things will turn out in the moolah department for a company's latest product.

The daily changes in share price in reaction to one-off events don't really indicate much about how things will turn out in the moolah department for a company's latest product.

I would agree. I think the major concern here is the Windows licensing revenue stream which looks to drying up faster than Microsoft can grow other businesses.

This might not be a bad time to get into MSFT. With Win 10, HoloLens, etc - the company seems like it has some fire in it again. Of course, Win 10 may not get them much revenue for a while. HoloLens - who knows.
So, my stock tips plus $2 might get you a good coffee from SBUX,..

Back