Gearbox Recruiting For Next Borderlands Game

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to this tweet, Gearbox is recruiting people to work on the next installment in the Borderlands franchise. If you think you got what it takes, send your resume to the e-mail listed below.

Dang, if I was young and not gainfully employed....That would be an awesome 1-2 year gig, eat, drink, sleep Borderlands to build next next follow up Game for the masses!

After buying that piece of shit Aliens Colonial Marines, even though it was produced by another studio, this guy is still snake oil. Fuck Gearbox studios.

After buying that piece of shit Aliens Colonial Marines, even though it was produced by another studio, this guy is still snake oil. Fuck Gearbox studios.

If you pre-ordered that crap before waiting for the reviews I am sorry to say that was on you. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
They definitely need to take some blame for Aliens: CM, but really that project was known to be effed for a long period of time. If you bought it, I don't know what to tell you. As bad as I wanted an Aliens game, I knew not to go anywhere near it long before it was released.

Borderlands is a great franchise, and they've delivered on it every time. You don't have to like it, but I seriously doubt they'd eff it up.

I even have a bit of questionable history with Randy from a much older project, (we'll just say we disagreed on some things) but it's hard to complain about Borderlands if you're into the series. I will almost assuredly pick of the new one (unless they REALLY screw it up, which is highly doubtful.)

Given Randy's history I think its deserved. Personally I do not care much but BL2 was ok. I will not pay full price for BL3.

Why? Because you bought into the hype/bandwagon/preorder hysteria and then got butt hurt by the results? Me thinks thats a personal problem :rolleyes:

After boring lands 2, No thanks. There are so many stupid and annoying references one can make before they say "i'm fucking done" with a franchise. The 3rd play-through was the breaking point for me on BL2.

After boring lands 2, No thanks. There are so many stupid and annoying references one can make before they say "i'm fucking done" with a franchise. The 3rd play-through was the breaking point for me on BL2.

It was boring, and you played it through 3 times?!?! That doesn't quite make sense to me. If it was boring, you probably should have stopped before 1 time through. What I get from your post, is that you played it several times through, which seems to be where it starts to get a bit boring. How many games can you say that about? Most games are good for one, maybe two plays unless they are exceptional. I have a few that I play yearly. (System Shock games, Mario games, Zelda games.)

Sorry, it seems like you just praised BL2 more than anything.

Why? Because you bought into the hype/bandwagon/preorder hysteria and then got butt hurt by the results? Me thinks thats a personal problem :rolleyes:

You got me figured out! How much do you charge per session and do you have a comfy couch to work out my daddy issues?

OK super-nerds, try to remain consistent in your butt-hurt. The game sucked hard... after 3 play throughs? That's funny

It is apparent you guys KNOW what it would take to make the game proper. Are any of you "Worst. Game. Ever" whiners sending in your resume? Or would you lose your street cred if showered off that Cheeto layer and tried to contribute where you saw shortcomings?

Will it have a real story this time? It takes more than an endless progression of weapons and mindlessly blasting enemies to hold my attention,the Borderlands series fall far short of other open world games when it comes to plot and immersive game play for me.

"Hulk MAD! Grrr! HULK only understand black and white thinking! "

Borderlands is their key internally developed franchise, it's always been solid. AC:M was a turd developed by another studio that GBX wrongly believed they could wrap up and ship out to recoup some money.

They've never let me down with Borderlands, Brothers In Arms series was great, Homeworld 1&2 remakes look solid so far. Can't wait for Borderlands 3 / Borderworlds

"Hulk MAD! Grrr! HULK only understand black and white thinking! "

Borderlands is their key internally developed franchise, it's always been solid. AC:M was a turd developed by another studio that GBX wrongly believed they could wrap up and ship out to recoup some money.

They've never let me down with Borderlands, Brothers In Arms series was great, Homeworld 1&2 remakes look solid so far. Can't wait for Borderlands 3 / Borderworlds

From what I understand, they took a huge chunk of Sega's money and used that to produce BL2 and gave scraps to the other company to finish up A:CM. Still, the demo they showed off was no where near the same level they released. If that's the case, they basically stole money from Sega and used it to fund their own endeavors. To me, that's shady sale's man tactics and a good way to ruin your name. Reminds me of the monorail episode from the Simpsons.

Ah, Randy must have stolen money from some other publisher recently.

From what I understand, they took a huge chunk of Sega's money and used that to produce BL2 and gave scraps to the other company to finish up A:CM. Still, the demo they showed off was no where near the same level they released. If that's the case, they basically stole money from Sega and used it to fund their own endeavors. To me, that's shady sale's man tactics and a good way to ruin your name. Reminds me of the monorail episode from the Simpsons.
you either have some fairly extensive knowledge about the internal budgeting of Gearbox or are simply making a string of assumptions

Borderlands is IMHO over-rated and over-hyped. The first one was just ok but the instalments after was boring as shit. If they are making new Borderlands it'd be like polishing a turd all over again. Something like call of duty and battlefield now.

Borderlands is IMHO over-rated and over-hyped. The first one was just ok but the instalments after was boring as shit. If they are making new Borderlands it'd be like polishing a turd all over again. Something like call of duty and battlefield now.

It's the same old game...Borderlands 1 was new and cool when it was originally released...now it's just the same crap over without any technical advancements....hell even the last 3 Assassin's Creeds were at least eye candy.

Hopefully they find a writer that can do better than copy/pasting from knowyourmeme.

Not buying borderlands again, given that Pre-sequel was worse than BL2. Nowhere near the wit, the charm, the FUN

All the music was fucking awful, no energy or anything.

Can't seem to find in those links how the tester was "confirmed to be legit" or who it was exactly that confirmed it. He later scrubbed his entire reddit account. May have been a troll.

I was subscribed to that subreddit when he was posting. The moderators confirmed it to be real. He took it down due to possible breach of NDA which could get him sued and not work in that industry for a long time. I don't blame him for taking it down.

Either way, the proof is in the end product that we got. The game's complete shit and Randy hasn't said anything in regards to why it looks completely different from the product he showed originally. Snake oil salesman.

I liked all of the Borderlands and look forward to a full size future installment. All of them consistently kept me hooked for 100+ hours, which makes it worth the money for me. Very few games compel me to keep replaying the same story again and again.

It was boring, and you played it through 3 times?!?! That doesn't quite make sense to me. If it was boring, you probably should have stopped before 1 time through. What I get from your post, is that you played it several times through, which seems to be where it starts to get a bit boring. How many games can you say that about? Most games are good for one, maybe two plays unless they are exceptional. I have a few that I play yearly. (System Shock games, Mario games, Zelda games.)

Sorry, it seems like you just praised BL2 more than anything.

Friends dragged me along and at the beginning of third playthough and we all just stopped. Overleveling was really dumb too.

No. I hated it at the end. I would have been done after the first playthough if it wasn't for fun times with friends.

Well by god, if the moderators confirmed it then it must be true!

Please stop. Anyone following the news at the time knows that Gearbox mismanaged funds from Sega to fund their pet projects (one of them was Duke Nukem [lol]) at the expense of A:CM. There are multiple released emails, employee testimonials, and magic math to put 2 and 2 together, and you're just looking foolish here.

Back