Kim Dotcom Launches His Secure 'Skype Killer' MegaChat

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
As we all know by now, Kim Dotcom likes to keep himself in the news and since the attack on Sony several weeks ago, the rotund netster has been uncharacteristically quiet. Dotcom resurfaced this week to announce the launch of MegaChat, the newest addition to his Internet portfolio.

MegaChat is only in public beta at the moment though, and its security prowess is bound to be tested over the coming months. In terms of usability though, it’s doing fine. Users simply log in via Mega.nz, create a free profile, add contacts, and then click to start a video call.

Where does this guy find the money to keep funding these enterprises? It's not like coding teams are cheap.

I wonder if he has access to his money now. He's plenty rich if that's the case. Though, I suspect some people might be in it because he does hate the government's way of invading privacy (though I highly doubt this would conquer money)

It's pretty awesome that Kim's doing all this stuff. He's probably in the "I'm already being screwed, I'll go all in!" mode.

Back