The Interview Coming To Netflix On Saturday

HardOCP News

[H] News
Holy crap, that was fast. :eek:

First of all, it's going to have The Interview available for streaming to US and Canadian subscribers starting Saturday. That puts the Sony Pictures flick on streaming just about a month after its unconventional Christmas Day theater / video on demand launch that netted $40 million online, and ahead of its Blu-ray release February 17th.

Still not sure I'm going to watch it. But yeah, that was quick.
Had all the hoopla not occurred, wonder what the box office receipts would have been? I will admit that I would never have heard of it and probably would never watch it. Even after hearing about it and having Netflix, not sure I'm going to spend the 2 hours-ish to watch it.

This was a movie I wouldn't have paid for. I normally like Rogen's flicks, but this one didn't look good. Whoever made the bomb threats may have helped Sony out. 40 Million means it almost tripled it's budget.

Had all the hoopla not occurred, wonder what the box office receipts would have been? I will admit that I would never have heard of it and probably would never watch it. Even after hearing about it and having Netflix, not sure I'm going to spend the 2 hours-ish to watch it.

I'd definitely heard of it. Posters were up in the local theaters since last summer. The problem was the trailer did nothing for me and reviews were brutal (and generally I believe Rogan/Franco movies have gotten decent reviews). I'll watch it for free.

Well, that's precisely the amount I wanted to pay to see it so I guess I will now. It's still Seth Rogan so I might give up after the first few minutes.

Eh.. It was a good movie to waste a few hours watching. I laughed a few times. It would be a good movie to watch if you're doing something around the house or screwing around on the Internet. The Franco/Kim Jung scene in the tank was one of the funnier moments.

This was a movie I wouldn't have paid for. I normally like Rogen's flicks, but this one didn't look good. Whoever made the bomb threats may have helped Sony out. 40 Million means it almost tripled it's budget.

Yeah, sometimes different people have different tastes, in the case of this movie. I'm surprised it wasn't a "Made for SyFy exclusive" type of movie.

I heard the budget was 45 million.

There certainly was worse movies ive seen this year. Its no academy award winner, but it does have its laughs.

i enjoyed it. not blockbuster material but i got a few laughs.

in the old days the interview would have been vhs released on launch day. So now it goes on flix.

It only seems fast given that it was just out in theaters, but that isn't the way to look at it. Netflix gets moves 28 days after they are released for home release (DVD, digital, VOD). In this case the home release happen to line up with theater release. So it would be the time now for them to have it on their service since they wouldn't have been allowed to have it day one that the rest of the online VOD systems had it.

Certainly the worst of Rogen's films, and thats not saying it's bad. It's just nowhere near 40 yr old virigin, knocked up, etc. The opening scene and drone strike are pretty hilarious, rest of the movie is kinda "meh". And they censored the ending (not due to threats, apparently it was already going to be censored anyway but still lame that they did, it's an R-rated movie so whats the big deal)

Certainly the worst of Rogen's films, and thats not saying it's bad. It's just nowhere near 40 yr old virigin, knocked up, etc. The opening scene and drone strike are pretty hilarious, rest of the movie is kinda "meh". And they censored the ending (not due to threats, apparently it was already going to be censored anyway but still lame that they did, it's an R-rated movie so whats the big deal)

Not so much censored, they just obscured his face with fire. You can still see chunks of his head go flying if you look closely on a HD screen. :)

By the way, I DID pay for this movie, and although agree with most sentiments that it was not that great; I paid for it on principle. Just to support the idea of online releases.

I heard the budget was 45 million.

You're right. I don't know where I saw 15 million. I thought it was IMDB, but they show 44 million.

They'll probably make money on it (with international sales). I dont think the budget includes marketing costs, though I don't know how heavilly it was marketed outside of theaters.

I was on the fence about watching this but now that It will be on Netflix I will most likely watch it. From what I have heard from people that have seen it it wasnt that great so I wasnt sure I wanted to pay for the stream.

I was on the fence about watching this but now that It will be on Netflix I will most likely watch it. From what I have heard from people that have seen it it wasnt that great so I wasnt sure I wanted to pay for the stream.

I had the chance to see it for free but I just couldn't. At 2 minutes I was already skipping and by the time I got to 1 hour mark I was already skipping 20 minutes at a time. I decided not to waste my time.

I had the chance to see it for free but I just couldn't. At 2 minutes I was already skipping and by the time I got to 1 hour mark I was already skipping 20 minutes at a time. I decided not to waste my time.

So then you missed the part where the 2 hot korean chicks actually go down on each other for real?

The wife and I actually found it pretty funny. Then again, we aren't one of those people that expects every movie that is released to compete for an Oscar. We take movies for what they are...and we enjoyed it.

The wife and I actually found it pretty funny. Then again, we aren't one of those people that expects every movie that is released to compete for an Oscar. We take movies for what they are...and we enjoyed it.

I found it funnier the second time I watched it. Picked up on more of the subtleties.

I hadn't heard of it until all the hoopla. Even then, I didn't have much want to watch it. I did, and I'm glad I did. It was a good movie. Dumb as shit, but one of those funny ones. Waste in the theater, but for a cheap rental, I was satisfied.

I won't watch it again for a while. It's not that good.

Back