How To Overclock An Intel Pentium G3258

HardOCP News

[H] News
Dave and the crew at Overclockers Club have posted a guide to overclocking the Intel Pentium G3258 today.

To reach 4.7GHz was a cinch once I adjusted all the smaller voltage settings. Like all overclockers, it was a journey with many failures along the way. One day it would boot and run Prime95, and the next time Windows would not load. It took a while to sort it out by backing down to 4.5GHz and raising each setting until I settled on the below settings. Then I raised it until it would not go any higher with the set voltage I felt safe with.

I've got one of these and it has been a great chip and fun to play around with. It runs at 4.7 but I keep it at 4.5 with lower voltages. It brings me back to my Celeron 300a/Abit BH6 days.

Amazingly I get over 4.0 on a Gigabyte B85 board with one of these! It doesn't even break a sweat.

I keep mine at 4.4, the author if this article is extremely cautious with a $50 cpu.

I will say tough, good to see a reviewer not paid this up with $250 mb.

I oc-ed my to 4.7 and found that all it does is making my fans much louder. I took it down to 4.3 for a time (noise seems to be good), but now I just have it running default. The performance increase just doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

Back