Forza Motorsport 6 Announcement Video Features New Ford GT

Still a Ford...

Ford makes pretty decent cars. They need to step up their quality in certain models, but no car is really perfect. The 2015 models sure seem to be doing ok (FOR NOW) though from what I've seen.

The new 4 cylinder Mustang has had QUITE a revamp in its interior quality and overall feel, and the engine is absolutely excellent. Of course, if you can spring for the GT...why not. If you're into youthful and sporty looking cars, I'd consider a test drive at least.

Still a Ford...

That'll out run my 911 turbo.

These are nice cars, and America is stepping up their super car game. Ask GenMay...I use to hate on American cars like it was my job. Hell, I was banned from the automotive section for a time because of it.

All of the American companies aren't fucking around anymore.

That'll out run my 911 turbo.

These are nice cars, and America is stepping up their super car game. Ask GenMay...I use to hate on American cars like it was my job. Hell, I was banned from the automotive section for a time because of it.

All of the American companies aren't fucking around anymore.

Agreed. Everyone needs to step up their game to compete. Going backwards is a sign of not "getting it".

Btw, how's that turbo? What year? Mods? Fuck, I love Porsches. In a few months, a 4S may be in my future as the C63 lease end draws closer and closer...*cackle*. New England weather is the reason. Yeah, that's it, sure!

why all the hate on the motor? i don't really get that...

Previous-gen Ford GTs could be modded up to insane power levels. With this starting as an already heavily-boosted V6, the ceiling is presumably going to be much lower.

Agreed. Everyone needs to step up their game to compete. Going backwards is a sign of not "getting it".

Btw, how's that turbo? What year? Mods? Fuck, I love Porsches. In a few months, a 4S may be in my future as the C63 lease end draws closer and closer...*cackle*. New England weather is the reason. Yeah, that's it, sure!

My wife and I love it. She even drives it like its meant to be driven. I had it out on Circuit of the Americas last month. It's an 02 stock. Its got enough power for me. I'm not able to get even 80% of its potential out of it, so to me upgrading the power is worthless. I want to work on becoming a better driver before I add too much power. I do want to put an exhaust on it for a more mean sound, though.

If you want any more info or videos/pics of it out on track PM me, don't want to derail this.

The concept of buying Ford's halo car for $150k+ that is supposed to celebrate 50 years of performance since the original v8 gt40 took on Ferrari and then hearing a v6 in the back is very dissapointing. The 5.0 coyote engine weighs LESS than the 3.5 turbo.

I find great humor with the words "Ford" and 'Performance" used conjunctively on the back of the car. Oxymoronically ironic.

I can get past that, as it is a damn good looking car which is faster and more agile than anything I've ever been in or will ever own myself. C'mon, POWERBALL!

I find great humor with the words "Ford" and 'Performance" used conjunctively on the back of the car. Oxymoronically ironic.
Ford has one of the richest and most successful racing pedigrees in all of motorsports....

Ford has one of the richest and most successful racing pedigrees in all of motorsports....

Depends on who you ask and what category is the focus. Subaru, Ferrari, Nissan, Honda, Porsche, etc all have some of the most successful and richest pedigrees in motorsports.

Not to mention the Coyote engines are some of the best factory optimized engines out there...hell the 5.0 mustang engine stock beats much larger engines from Chevy and dodge any day...

Depends on who you ask and what category is the focus. Subaru, Ferrari, Nissan, Honda, Porsche, etc all have some of the most successful and richest pedigrees in motorsports.
Those examples fall behind dramatically when you look at motorsports as a whole. Ford has been a power house throughout history until recently.

the new GT's small V6 is to meet engine size limit for racing.
a V8 will likely be available in a later higher-performance model.

Those examples fall behind dramatically when you look at motorsports as a whole. Ford has been a power house throughout history until recently.

Yup, if you look into the history of the specific motorsport that's the claim to fame of most of those manufacturers, you'll find a previous legacy of dominance by Ford.

Lets hope it DOESNT have the reliablity issues of its predessor.

else all the horsepower will be a joke if it doesnt run at all.

Ford in the past year has been doing pretty well with solid cars in the market.

I am actually quite surprise how much they have step up in recent years.

Mind you, in almost all of the ecoboost engined cars ford was selling, the gearbox leak was a big boo boo until late last year .

Great driver =/= great daily driver mind you, if your gearbox starts to get leaky.

150k for a V6 Twin Turbo? That cant be right. If its that high you might as well just roll with a Lambo or an Audi. I love the look but that price is going to have to change.

Lets hope it DOESNT have the reliablity issues of its predessor.

else all the horsepower will be a joke if it doesnt run at all.
Where are you getting that it's reliable? The GT was one of the most heavily engineered cars in history and was very reliable. Jeremy Clarkson is that source of the unreliable Ford GT B.S. which is stupid considering that car had an aftermarket alarm system installed to meet British regulations. Stupid is as stupid does apparently.

150k for a V6 Twin Turbo? That cant be right. If its that high you might as well just roll with a Lambo or an Audi. I love the look but that price is going to have to change.

I'm pretty sure you're paying for the look. The higher price tag is to keep it in the exclusive category. This isn't made to align with a Corvette, it's made to align with a low-end supercar. This type of car has to strike a balance between quantity, performance, and looks. No-one wants to drop $150k on an ugly fast car, nor a car that is everywhere.

Where are you getting that it's reliable? The GT was one of the most heavily engineered cars in history and was very reliable. Jeremy Clarkson is that source of the unreliable Ford GT B.S. which is stupid considering that car had an aftermarket alarm system installed to meet British regulations. Stupid is as stupid does apparently.

Yeah, it's worth noting that TopGear has a history of knocking American cars. A lot of it is for TV, to entertain. Have to remember their audience is not intended to be American, but rather it is aimed at the British - knocking America bodes well. Remember the whole Tesla fiasco?

Ford engines have more Indy 500 wins than Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, BMW, Jaguar, Pagani, and Mercedes combined.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...8#safe=off&q=lamborghini+aventador+horsepower

sure, spend an extra 250K for a V12 that only pushes out an extra 60 HP :rolleyes:

I hear you on the pure numbers standpoint...but I want a badass looking car with badass technology, for that kind of money.

Switching gears to childhood dreams. For $150K...I want a ferrari. It's plain and simple. That's what I want personally, and while the Ford GT may be a very fast car, and have retro looks, I just can't, for my self, see myself owning it at that price. There are too many better cars at $150K.

It is all about what kind of performance a car brings to the table and not about the displacement or cylinder count. You guys must be forgetting the super exotic Jaguar XJ220 which had a 6 cylinder engine. Ford sold nearly 4200 of the 2005 GT at $160k. This new GT is something that stunned the automotive world partially because no one thought Ford would do another GT and once again take on the exotic supercars of the world. Damn that looks fine.......

I hear you on the pure numbers standpoint...but I want a badass looking car with badass technology, for that kind of money.

Switching gears to childhood dreams. For $150K...I want a ferrari. It's plain and simple. That's what I want personally, and while the Ford GT may be a very fast car, and have retro looks, I just can't, for my self, see myself owning it at that price. There are too many better cars at $150K.

The new estimated price is $220+k. How do you know there are better cars at that price point? Reading a brochure does not count.

Not to mention the Coyote engines are some of the best factory optimized engines out there...hell the 5.0 mustang engine stock beats much larger engines from Chevy and dodge any day...

The LSA, LS9, LS7, and LSX would like to have a word with you.

Back