MS Next Web Browser Sounds So Much Better Than Internet Explorer

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
We told you several weeks ago about the existence of Microsoft’s new browser, Spartan. Details are beginning to leak out as to what we can expect according to Business Insider. Spartan will not replace Internet Explorer, but will be something entirely new. Consider it a para-browser, something which will compliment IE11 and work alongside Microsoft’s traditional browser.

what's the point in continuing Internet Explorer if Spartan is supposedly this advanced next-gen browser?...why would anyone want to use both browsers for?

Will the new JS engine finally run at a decent speed? Because optimizing for/cheating in Sunspider doesn't really help other apps at all.

More than likely IE will be marginalized as a desktop browser, while Spartan, the new tablet/phone browser will become the primary browser in time. I think IE and mouse based functionality will be thrown out in the next year or two. Much time the GUI of Windows.

Worth noting the image in the caption is a concept drawing from a DeviantArt member. Don't know if they work for MS or not. Take with grain of salt.

16247167622_d1da2953ce.jpg

My current probationary situation prohibits me from adding additional lever quips to this. In light of that, I wish to express to you that I seriously doubt the validity of your research and analysis and I politely dispute your finding.

Sincerely and Respectfully,

ICOM

IE is still in large use by corporations - so Microsoft needs to maintain it or break a lot of apps used by companies.
Microsoft seems to be making some smart changes lately.

it should be built into Spartan like the current 'Compatibility Mode' in IE

No, clean break is best. If you want your old crap to work they are still supporting IE. If you just want an all around better browser, use Spartan ... and hey ... while you are using it you can start recreating your old crap in the new browser.

No, clean break is best. If you want your old crap to work they are still supporting IE. If you just want an all around better browser, use Spartan ... and hey ... while you are using it you can start recreating your old crap in the new browser.

They should just make it a separate download and install like other modern browsers. One of the main reasons IE sucks is because it is so hooked in to everything else, tital lain in the ass compared to FF and Chrone which take seconds to install or remove.

what's the point in continuing Internet Explorer if Spartan is supposedly this advanced next-gen browser?...why would anyone want to use both browsers for?

Spartan hopefully ditches the proprietary bullcrap Microsoft brought to gum up internet development. Or it has new flavors of proprietary crap. Eitherway you would need to keep IE alive for places that are wedded to that stuff.

I have an idea. Just use Chrome.

Watch Microsoft Virtual Academy videos. The majority of them use Chrome. :) It's been brought up to Microsoft, and they are really chill about it. Just use what works best for you, they aren't forcing anyone to use what they don't want to. They'd like them to use IE, but not a big deal if they don't.

Back