ASUS Announces Complete Gaming Hardware Line-up at CES 2015

HardOCP News

[H] News
ASUS today announced that products from its complete gaming line-up are available to experience at the 2015 International CES. The ROG line-up includes the 27-inch ROG Swift PG27AQ 4K/UHD gaming monitor with super-narrow bezel and NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ technology with in-plane switching technology. Also on display are the ROG Enthusiast SLI Bridge for all (two-way, three-way and four-way) SLI configurations, ROG Spatha wireless mouse, high-precision 5000DPI Sica optical wired mouse, and ROG Whetstone ultra-smooth silicone-fabric mouse pad. ASUS gaming products on display include the true-to-life 120Hz MG279Q gaming display and a variety of Strix-branded gear, including the Strix 7.1 True 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset, Strix Claw optical gaming mouse and Strix Tactic Pro mechanical gaming keyboard.

ROG’s gaming products are forged for ultimate gaming perfection and a shining star of the ROG’s CES stand is Swift PG27AQ features stunning 3840 x 2160-pixel 4K/UHD resolution. With an in-plane switching (IPS Technology) panel for wide viewing angles, a superb 1000:1 contrast ratio and 300 cd/m² brightness for true-to-life gaming,. The 27-inch LED-backlit display features NVIDIA G-SYNC technology to synchronizes its refresh rates to the computer’s graphics-processing unit (GPU), eliminating screen tearing and minimizing stutter and input lag to deliver the smoothest gaming experience possible. Swift PG27AQ also includes an easy-to-navigate on-screen display (OSD) with a five-way navigation joystick and hotkey shortcuts, an ergonomic design with full tilt, swivel, pivot and height adjustment, and a smart cable-management system in a super narrow bezel design.

Hardcore gamers that demand serious graphics grunt will love ROG’s new Enthusiast SLI Bridge for making sturdy Scalable Link Interface (SLI) connections with the utmost style. ROG Enthusiast SLI Bridge has an illuminated ROG logo and a sleek aluminum luster, adding essential finishing touches to enthusiast gaming rigs. ROG Enthusiast SLI Bridge is available for all configurations for up to four-way SLI.

Spatha is ROG’s flagship gaming mouse custom-engineered to give gamers the advantage in massively-multiplayer online (MMO) and role-playing games (RPGs). Spatha’s formidable design includes six customizable macro buttons perfectly positioned for thumb operation, putting advanced control within instant reach. ROG Spatha comes with a stylish charging dock so it’s always ready for combat, and it includes the intuitive ROG Armory utility to enable gamers to tweak almost every aspect of Spatha’s operation.

I wonder if they will have a lower-end 24" 1920x1080 IPS with G-Sync. I could see going for something like that.

While I like some of the new mice coming out, I'm not feeling the "Mass Effect Reaper Aesthetic" most of them have these days.

I'm perfectly content on this resolution / size. Going bigger just means having to have more GPU power to drive it.

This. Though I prefer 16:10, so 1920x1200 pls!

Throw in DP 1.2a w/ adaptive sync and i'll buy

I'm perfectly content on this resolution / size. Going bigger just means having to have more GPU power to drive it.
Agreed. I am all for having more GPU power, but I use two monitors and don't have the room for them to be too big. The 24" primary and 21" secondary I am using now is at the limits of what I can fit on my desk. Replacing the 24" with a similarly-sized but G-Sync-capable display would be good. Except that G-Sync is DisplayPort-only and my KVM switch uses DVI...

everything looks great except the keyboard and headset. They just scream 'gamer crap' aesthetically. Headset looks heavy.

But that SLI BRIDGE!!!

Can't wait for the monitor

"Hardcore gamers that demand serious graphics grunt will love ROG’s new Enthusiast SLI Bridge for making sturdy Scalable Link Interface (SLI) connections with the utmost style."

Bwhahahahahahahahahaha. Next up: green markers to make your CDs sound better.

I see a picture of what I would assume is a asus wifi repeater?

I see a picture of what I would assume is a asus wifi repeater?

Thing looks like a beast...whatever it is...

I thought for a second that it was the final design for their AC3200 router, but that "Wifi Signal" thing just threw a wrench into that prediction.

Now if they'll just release that 27" 4k monitor w/ IPS panel and 5ms response time in the U.S. already. K? Thx.

Pfft to the Asus SLI Bridge.

I'm getting a Monster SLI Bridge with a platinum connector that helps to oxygenate the signal more.

Pfft to the Asus SLI Bridge.

I'm getting a Monster SLI Bridge with a platinum connector that helps to oxygenate the signal more.

Meh; these are more for lights (spelled however an elite gamer would spell it).

Why couldn't it be a 40 inch monitor? That DPI is going to suck for most things unless you are running OSX. 110 DPI is nearly perfect.

Man, that mouse, keyboard and headset are UGLY AS F....

I think I want the mouse. :D

Too bad the monitor is only 60 Hz, which I guess is not surprising since it's IPS.

Too bad the monitor is only 60 Hz, which I guess is not surprising since it's IPS.
Too bad the monitor is only 27". In my humble, personal opinion, 4k would be a waste on anything less than 32". 40" would be ideal.

Holy crap, those peripherals look ugly. What were they thinking with those GPUs?

Back