NVIDIA Kicks Off CES By Unveiling Tegra X1

HardOCP News

[H] News
In the first big news of this year’s International Consumer Electronics Show, NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hsun Huang unveiled the new 256-core chip, which uses the same Maxwell architecture deployed in the world’s top gaming graphics cards. Slated to arrive in products during the first half of the year, Tegra X1 provides more power than a supercomputer the size of a suburban family home from 15 years ago.

It can run a real car so Crysis should be cake. *Need cake memes*

I don't think its as fast as the XB1 as it implies in the UE Elemental demo, but its getting close.

I'm going to pass on the computer car shit, thanks. Given the manufacturers can't even make an ABS brake control box that stands up to road abuse, you want to base all function on super computers and expect not to get stuck on the side of the road with $X-K repair bills constantly over the years?

My brother's Altima is stuck in the driveway again, 3rd time, needing to be towed to the dealer because the radio/immobilizer anti-theft key controller has failed AGAIN.

What factors in a car can benefit from computer control are infinitely simpler to achieve than any super computer would be needed for.

And no, drive-itself cars should NEVER EVER be allowed.

I'm going back to a 67 Mustang or 69 Camaro, I'll use computer controlled fuel injection, but hardened against EMP, and that's it. Fuck all this 21st century bullshit, the Po Po and insurance companies can suck my dick. :eek::cool:

I'm going back to a 67 Mustang or 69 Camaro, I'll use computer controlled fuel injection, but hardened against EMP, and that's it. Fuck all this 21st century bullshit, the Po Po and insurance companies can suck my dick. :eek::cool:

Why not just go mechanical fuel injection? Those Hilborn stacks are bad ass!

Just started using my Shield again because of KOTOR on Android and it's wonderful. I hope they come out with a Shield 2 with whatever fancy Tegra tech they have now and an OLED screen with true blacks.

I will also add that the Shield Tablet is retarded and can't think of why anyone would get that instead of the portable.

Just started using my Shield again because of KOTOR on Android and it's wonderful. I hope they come out with a Shield 2 with whatever fancy Tegra tech they have now and an OLED screen with true blacks.

I will also add that the Shield Tablet is retarded and can't think of why anyone would get that instead of the portable.

The tablet is pretty nice. My wife wanted one, so picked up the bundle with the controller. The original shield is such garbage next to the tablet. :p Higher res, better sound, faster everything, more storage space, and it can be a vanilla android tablet to do non-gaming things on.

Back