Digital Trends Picks Their 2014 Game of the Year

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Since 2014 has passed into history, we will be seeing more ‘Best of’ articles on the favorite this or that, but to gamers, it’s all in the game. Digital Trends has made their pick and named some notable runners up and honorable mentions, but as usual, it’s a fact that there will be disagreement across the board. Jump on in and name your favorite.

A game that I still discuss with friends on a daily basis, going over everything from strategies to core elements that really ought to be given a second look. If you’ve paid any attention to the video gaming space in 2014, then you already know which rabbit hole we’re about to dive down.

Whatever.

2014 has been a very average year for gaming and I actually started to learn the guitar.
I hope that 2015 will be better or I may start horticulture.

While I don't know if I agree with him, I can't knock his reasoning. Destiny is a mixed bag for me as well...yet i can't stop playing it. There are things that utterly infuriate me about the game. Many of which he mentions. Yet i've probably sunk more hours into that game despite the things that make me want to smash my controller than most this year. It has this strange bit to it that is just addicting.

Fail on the author for not playing ALIEN: Isolation. At least a reputable organization like PC Gamer got it right by awarding A:I for GOTY.

Back