ASUS Celebrates 500M Motherboard Sales With Global Giveaway

HardOCP News

[H] News
ASUS, the world’s number-one motherboard brand, today celebrated that it has sold over 500-million motherboards since the company’s inception in 1989. This significant milestone will be celebrated with a global competition, giving ASUS fans and followers around the world the chance to learn more about the quarter-century history of ASUS and win some amazing prizes, including a Z97 PC in a unique ASUS TUF case mod.

Announcing the milestone, ASUS Chairman Jonney Shih said: "I want to thank all of our customers for their support throughout the past 25 years. We share a common passion for technology and their inputs have enabled us to grow on this journey in search of incredible. We are committed to delivering more innovation to market and we aim to bring a seamless and joyful digital life for everyone to enjoy.”

yeah fuck your "giveaway" which is getting users to promote your products, or "educating (advertising) and quizzing people on your products.

7trq.jpg

Great you have to have stupid Facebook to enter. I fricken hate social media.

I admit, that case / motherboard combo looks pretty awesome, but yeah, not worth getting on facebook.

I probably bought at least a million of those, or so.. that's what it feels like anyway.

Facebook, thanks ASUS, but I'm all out of facebook.

shouldve left farcebook out of this.

ugh, most of us that have been buying asus since the 90's are now elders who dont care for social media marketing.

Stay tuned next month for their "500m" worst RMA EVAR sweepstakes xd.

All my boxen run ASUS mobo's. My latest is still running a 2500K Sandy Bridge but it is the only board from them I've ever RMA'd (I'm waiting for Broadwell before I upgrade). In fact, my media server with a low end 2 core 2 thread Celeron is absolutely bullet proof. I have a first gen Maxwell GTX 750 Ti in there folding 24/7/365 and it never crashes or locks up (total system power is only 99 watts). The only time I ever reboot that box is when Windows 7 Pro needs patched with the latest updates. Shweet. :D

It seems amazing how many of the motherboards shown on the site I have had. :p

A couple of the "old" ones bring back some very fond memories. :D

Requires facebook.. what a bunch of douches ;-p

No i will not use facebook. ASUS just got knocked down a notch on my buy list :-(

I ventured off the pasture twice.

MSI. Never again. Mobo died while flashing a BIOS recommended by their techs. They yanked me around for 2+ months until the Better Business Bureau (say what you want, but it worked) got them to issue me a full refund of my retail purchase price.

Immediately bought Asus motherboard.

My abit board lives on in another PC but I'm back to Asus again.

I never have nor will ever use facebook. Oh well I use a gigabyte board and have for years. Not a huge fan of Asus anyway, so they can keep the "cream filled" color motherboard.

Wow, I thought I would be one of the first to call BS on this 'giveaway'. S[H]ould have known better. :)

It's easy to set up a FB account. Just make it completely private and don't invite anyone to be a friend, I think you can even make yourself invisible to searches. You get no email or spam from them, it's not a big deal. I'm going to enter and win it just to spite you all :)

Cool. Maybe they'll finally give us a motherboard that supports PCI-E cards in celebration. Why they found it acceptable for the Maximus VI Hero Z87 board I had to not support LSI RAID cards is beyond my comprehension. Otherwise all I have to do is apologize to the people who made this happen by buying an Asus board.

Whats next ASUS is going to make a facebook edition Motherboard. LAME!!!!!!!

And another contest I would love to enter, but won't, not everyone uses Facebook ASUS.

It's easy to set up a FB account. Just make it completely private and don't invite anyone to be a friend, I think you can even make yourself invisible to searches. You get no email or spam from them, it's not a big deal. I'm going to enter and win it just to spite you all :)

most contests require you not be that private other wise the people running the contest cannot verify your entry or contact you if you win. Not sure about this one

The ASUS A8N-SLI Premium is still my favorite motherboard to date.
Rock solid design and caps, and full functionality ftw. :cool:

I'll spam my facebook for free stuff, because. why not?

If people get to put up stupid stories, I should be able to go for contests.

I've bought Asus the most over the last 20 years. Can only think of 1 board that had problems. One of the IDE ports went out, but the MB was still useable.

Like so many others, I owned the popular LGA775 based P5K for a good while and it served me well, but eventually it was holding back my video card performance. To replace it, I purchased a P8Z77-V LK motherboard and it's rock solid. I only wish it had internal USB3 headers on it!

As one whose purchased pretty much only Asus mobo's I was excited for the giveaway...until the Facebook part :(

I was all for entering to win, until I saw that you have to use Facebook. Then I was like NOPE.

Back