Sony Apologizes For Outages With Ten Percent Off

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you were one of the millions of people that couldn't access the PlayStation Network over the holidays, Sony is giving you a ten percent off coupon for your troubles.

In addition, sometime this month we will announce that for a limited time, we will be offering a 10 percent discount code good for a one-time discount off a total cart purchase in the PlayStation Store as a thank you to all PSN members. This discount can be used toward content available on PS Store including blockbuster new releases, award winning indie games, game add-ons and season passes, and an enormous selection of TV and Movies.

You left out the part where they are also extending all Playstation Plus memberships and trials by 5 days.

You left out the part where they are also extending all Playstation Plus memberships and trials by 5 days.

That's all they needed to do. The rest is just bonus. People are unappreciative dicks.

TOTALLY worth the time people lost trying to enjoy their Christmas holiday. So customers lose 4-5 days of service, and gets back 4-5 days worth of service that they paid for and a 10% discount that excludes holiday deals. Sony, you sure do know how to treat your customers.

I would have greatly liked a month for having NO way to play my 360 or PS4 this Christmas.

That's all they needed to do. The rest is just bonus. People are unappreciative dicks.

So they are extending it 5 days now, which includes work days because nobody has extra time off during the holidays...right?
I get what you're saying and would normally agree but this just seems like the absolute minimum they could do.

So they are extending it 5 days now, which includes work days because nobody has extra time off during the holidays...right?
I get what you're saying and would normally agree but this just seems like the absolute minimum they could do.

An extra month would have been much more generous and appreciated. 5 = doesn't mean shiat

IMHO I agree with the naysayers.

Add an extra month of service, free, and leave it at that. No 10% coupon. That's just not necessary and actually reeks of a desperate cash grab ("Shit, maybe if we let people save 6$ on a 60$ launch title, we will still pull in 54$ per customer!"). Leave the discount out.

I'm a huge fan of never discounting beyond what is necessary, to protect your brand/integrity. For example, if we fuck up an order at work, we comp the item, no questions asked, no hassle, and re-make it. That brings customers back more often than a "Well, here's a 20% off coupon for your next meal here" which is just desperate IMHO.

Some folks just want to bitch to bitch. My PS4 psn wasn't even down 72 hours, PS3 and Vita came up the next day, and both xbox's came up the next day too.

Was your life really ruined? They gave you more free time then there was out time, extended sales, and offered another sale ontop of that. At least they did something, they didn't HAVE to do shit. I missed the article about what xbox is going to give me because I was down for 24 hours on my 360 and about 36-40 on my xbone. O yea...

Grow up folks. It was an ATTACK, not negligence. And you can't really be surprised when MS comes online quicker than Sony, just look at the two companies and be honest. You can only do so much against DDoS attacks, build a stronger gate they get a stronger ram, it goes on and on. Plus we don't even know when the attacked actually stopped, I would not be surprised at all if they kept the attack going on Sony just to make them look bad, wouldnt surprise me, because just look at this thread, Sony is the company that is cool for the hipsters to hate.

Some folks just want to bitch to bitch. My PS4 psn wasn't even down 72 hours, PS3 and Vita came up the next day, and both xbox's came up the next day too.

Was your life really ruined? They gave you more free time then there was out time, extended sales, and offered another sale ontop of that. At least they did something, they didn't HAVE to do shit. I missed the article about what xbox is going to give me because I was down for 24 hours on my 360 and about 36-40 on my xbone. O yea...

Grow up folks. It was an ATTACK, not negligence. And you can't really be surprised when MS comes online quicker than Sony, just look at the two companies and be honest. You can only do so much against DDoS attacks, build a stronger gate they get a stronger ram, it goes on and on. Plus we don't even know when the attacked actually stopped, I would not be surprised at all if they kept the attack going on Sony just to make them look bad, wouldnt surprise me, because just look at this thread, Sony is the company that is cool for the hipsters to hate.

Looks to me that you're the only one throwing a tantrum and needs to grow up. Has anybody asked for anything over the top? Haters gonna hate and defenders gonna defend.

Obvious non PS4 owner/player is obvious

Obvious entitled brat is obvious.

I own 2 ps3's, and a ps4. I missed two days off destiny and then xur showed up with shit. My life didn't end. Netflix still worked and so did my pc. All my psn+ single player games worked as well.. so all I really missed was two days of one specific game. Boo hoo.

I dont see the complaining. 10 percent off if you spend a thousand dollars is a hundred So load up. Duh..

This. People just think their stuff should work like magic nowadays. When your power, phone, cable or internet goes out due to some unforeseen event do you get anything in return for your trouble? These bratty bitches need to learn some stuff just doesn't work once in awhile. You're not entitled to compensation just because your power goes out due to a storm or some squirrel frying itself on a transformer. You're lucky you get anything. Be grateful. Maybe even get off your ass and do something other than play games all day.

People are actually defending Sony. That actually takes a special kind of stupidity in and of itself.

I don't think Sony really needed to do anything but that 10% and extra 5 days is a bit of a joke.

They should give everyone a free copy of The Last of Us on PS4 or an alternative game of your choice at 50% off.

Boom. This.

It sucks that it went down, nobody at siny wanted it. Some fucking script kiddies DDOS'd them, not sure how much don't should be held to pay for it.

I really don't blame Sony (or Microsoft).
Rather, I blame the governments that refuse to prosecute the offenders.

Obvious non PS4 owner/player is obvious

Well, he's right. I am a PS4 owner, by the way. What makes Christmas that much more special for online service to be functional? Spend some damn time with family and friends instead; otherwise it's just as valuable as any other day of the year and they reimbursed accordingly.

Generation "Me".

Back