[H] New Year's Resolutions

HardOCP News

[H] News
It is New Year's Eve, the last day of the year, time to make a New Year's resolution. We are all in different time zones and some of you will be partying sooner than others tonight and you might end up too drunk to make a resolution. So, to avoid missing the opportunity to make one of the biggest commitments of the year (that will be broken in a matter of days), let's all take a minute now to share our resolutions.

I vow to quit smoking for good, to spend more time with my kids, to think about when I am drinking and to drink moderately, and to quit procrastinating and schedule my CISSP exam that I have been studying for forever and am overqualified for by now. I also intend to dedicate at least 10 hours a month to some type of professional development. Thanks and Happy New Year.

I don't make promises I can't keep. However, there is always a but.. quit smoking would be it.

I vow to quit smoking for good.
After "quitting" smoking for some 3 years, I'm about to hit the year anniversary of the last time I had a cig, which was January 5th, 2014. I had been a smoker since I was 15 years old.

I would suggest nicotine patches. Also, be prepared to gain weight and have to exercise it off.

I'm going to finish my redrawing of the intro to The Adventures of Willy Beamish. (Just a side project I've been working on to remaster it in high def graphics).

I had one several years ago and I am still keeping to it: not to make another New Year's resolution. So far, so good :D.

To get the fuck out of El Paso, the wages here are horrible because every company knows they can get some chump from Juarez with a work visa and pay them garbage and they will happily accept because its alot of money to them.

I'm going to eat right, and exercise more... well if you don't count tomorrow because there's a big dinner where gravy is the main course... and I'll probably exercise more for all of a week or so before going back to sloth.

I'd like to get a job after being laid off in September. I'd also like to bang Taylor Swift, but the job would be the priority. :D

Get a full time job (obviously this has to be achieve, but hopefully within the next couple of months)

And reduce my spending on useless crap.

I'm quitting all refined sugar for the next 6 months. It's going to suck, but with my 30th birthday approaching, it's time to get healthy.

I'm quitting all refined sugar for the next 6 months. It's going to suck, but with my 30th birthday approaching, it's time to get healthy.

Always a good idea. It's much easier to stay healthy than to get healthy the older you get.

I've quit processed foods on a few occasions, and it's not pleasant. Even after a month of no processed foods (which includes refined sugar), and going back to any processed food, everything tastes much sweeter, even foods which aren't suppose to be sweet. But that just says how much sugar has infiltrated our diet.

Wow, you're gonna be one rich old man :p

The plan is to get out early and live like a regular dude that doesn't have to work past his mid thirties. 70% (900k/decade) isn't even enough to get there yet :(

Here's some encouragement for all the people wanting to quit smoking. I quit January 4th, 1991, haven't had a cigarette since.

Difficulty level: I kept a carton of cigarettes in the freezer so it was just me against them. Finally threw them out on New Year's Day 1996.

Bonus difficulty: Wife has smoked this whole time so I'll probably get lung cancer anyway. (Thanks honey). :D

Loose 1/3 of my gut

Take one of those girls who still thinks I have potential out.

Not make any resolutions this year. I just blow them off anyway then have to rationalize away any guilt.

So instead, I'll just take the easy road -- concentrate more on my own welfare, and less on others and their "feelings." :D

Here is something that might make that easier for you.

http://www.amazon.com/How-Cook-Ever...-1&keywords=how+to+cook+everything+vegetarian

First I'm not a vegetarian nor do I have any intentions of being one. However this book has been amazing for giving me new ways to prepare things I already ate as well as introducing me to things I never knew how to cook so didn't try. I got this book 6 years ago and haven't bought any boxed processed crap since. Now I didn't go as far as eliminating all refined sugar, I still enjoy my soda (much less though), but it helped me cut out all the hamburger helper and other processed crap. I've never felt better about what I eat.

As a note, Bok Choy and it's variations are Freaking amazing. Especially once you learn to cook with fresh garlic and vinegar of varying types.

As for resolutions..I don't really make them at a particular time of year. When I decide a particular habit needs to go, I just stop. I do need to find a job though.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back